Notices

Old 20 Feb 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can imagine it's very time consuming to be fair so I don't blame you xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I have had problems booking BOG and then the park hours changing etc. I am trying to book a few extras in so we can see how the park hours look nearer the time.

Love the ears wish I was that creative they are lovely
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can imagine it's very time consuming to be fair so I don't blame you xx
It's taking less time as I get more used to what I'm doing. I'm sure you'd be able to do it and I expect Caitlin could do most of it too. Evie has been helping me. Have a watch of the video of Taylor from the WDW couple no sew ears. You only have to cut out some cardboard, cut out some fabric, glue it all together, add a bit of stuffing and stick it to a headband. I've made the bows and that is basically folding a piece of material like you would a piece of paper to make a fan and then gluing the folds in the middle. If you didn't want to make the bows I'm sure you could buy some that are designed to be hair bows and use them instead. If I have any spare when I'm done, I'll happily send you a pair.

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I have had problems booking BOG and then the park hours changing etc. I am trying to book a few extras in so we can see how the park hours look nearer the time.

Love the ears wish I was that creative they are lovely
It is a real pain when they change the park hours last minute. Hopefully if you've got several reservations at least one of them will work out well.

You could absolutely make the ears they are really easy. The Tigger and Piglet ones I sort of came up with the design myself but there are plenty of examples on the internet for most characters that you could try and recreate.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It's taking less time as I get more used to what I'm doing. I'm sure you'd be able to do it and I expect Caitlin could do most of it too. Evie has been helping me. Have a watch of the video of Taylor from the WDW couple no sew ears. You only have to cut out some cardboard, cut out some fabric, glue it all together, add a bit of stuffing and stick it to a headband. I've made the bows and that is basically folding a piece of material like you would a piece of paper to make a fan and then gluing the folds in the middle. If you didn't want to make the bows I'm sure you could buy some that are designed to be hair bows and use them instead. If I have any spare when I'm done, I'll happily send you a pair.
Yeah I guess it's like anything when you get more practice it gets easier and quicker. We probably would, I just don't know when I'd get the time at the moment I crochet as a hobby and I really wanted to make these, but honestly don't think I've got the time to do them.

Oh that's so lovely of you but you don't have to do that I'll definitely have a watch of the vlog on Sunday when we're back from London xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I guess it's like anything when you get more practice it gets easier and quicker. We probably would, I just don't know when I'd get the time at the moment I crochet as a hobby and I really wanted to make these, but honestly don't think I've got the time to do them.

Oh that's so lovely of you but you don't have to do that I'll definitely have a watch of the vlog on Sunday when we're back from London xx
Have a look at the video, I think you'll be surprised how easy they are to make.
You really should try and make those crochet ears, they are gorgeous.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Well two more pairs have been completed. I had lots of jobs to do today, but somehow ended up spending ages on these instead.

I've still got bits yet to arrive for a couple more pairs but it's proving quite addictive and I'm already looking for ideas for other pairs I could make. I'm feeling like I definitely ought to do Pooh and Eeyore to complete the set.
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love them! Especially piglet Do you mind me asking where you got your hairbands from? Xx
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I love them! Especially piglet Do you mind me asking where you got your hairbands from? Xx
I love the piglet ones too. I got the hairbands (and pretty much everything else) on ebay. The two above were £1.66 each plus £1.30 postage for the two. Some of the others were £1.75 each with free postage but that seller didn't have all the colours.
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
WOW your ears are beautiful! I wish I was creative enough to make my own If they all keep coming out so well I'd want to make more and more!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
WOW your ears are beautiful! I wish I was creative enough to make my own If they all keep coming out so well I'd want to make more and more!
Thank you. I do keep coming up with extra characters to make. I took the girls to primark today and saw a cushion the same colour as Dopey's top. I had to buy it to chop up!