Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 10, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkabella
Apprentice Imagineer

Question DH 40th birthday any idea's

Hi all you loverly dibbers has anyone got any ideas on what i can get and what we can do for my hubby's up comming 40th birthday he doesn't want a party (not the party type) he loves blueray movies (has a blueray ray player and ps3) and electronic gadgets... HELP
Old 31 Jan 10, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I'm in the same situation by DH says he's happy with just going to Florida. But I'd like to mark it somehow.
Old 31 Jan 10, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi both,

I use a great cartoonist to mark significant birthdays/occasions etc. He does custom cartoons (not caricatures) if you have an idea he will draw that, if you don't have an idea, give him some info about the person and he will come up with some ideas. I usually have 3 scanned drawings in my inbox within a couple of days and then the completed pen and ink within a week - and the cost... around £10!

I have used him for unusual christening presents, wedding presents, birthdays etc and people are bowled over. Once I frame them (£10 from ikea) they look fab and soooo expensive. The detail is phenomenol and he is such a lovely guy - I found him on ebay.

Let me know if you are interested and I will PM details.

sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 10, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

I booked DH a hot air balloon ride for his 40th. They launched from a pub car park out in the countryside and we didn't tell him, he thought we were just going to sit outside and have a quiet drink. He noticed the balloon vehicles when we got there and his face was a picture when he knew that he was going up in one.

It's his 50th this year so I am now thinking what to get him this time.
Old 1 Feb 10, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkabella
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for those but somehow dont think dh would like a hot air ballon or a drawing but they sounded fab sorry, any other ideas... anyone please...
Old 1 Feb 10, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread