Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Apr 10, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2008
Imagineer

i would ahte getting stuck there as you would have spent all your hol money, i would just want to get back to my cat! What are people doing with animals left here :-( also i would loose money not being able to work etc. total nightmare i think i would rather postpone my hol. Both is awful x
2010 SSR & BWV. 2011 Atlanta with a road trip to wdw.
Pluto2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 10, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
People stuck abroad aren't having such a great time either. It's one thing ot be on holiday and another to be stuck in limbo not knowing what is happening from day to day.
True.We were stuck in Orlando airport last Christmas for two days(can't imagine being stuck this long!) and it was not great at all tbh,constantly waiting and running from A to B to find all info we could.

My friends are stuck in the US since Thursday and worried because they are meant to be back in work Monday.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 10, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

The last time this volcano erupted, it spewed ash for nearly 2 years, from 1821 - 1823. Obviously there were no airplanes around to be affected at that time! As this is a natural phenomonen, there is no telling what kind of timescale and what other arrangements might have to be made by travellers, airlines and how it will affect airspace rulings.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post

We're due to fly to Birmingham on the 29th for a holiday in Cornwall. I'm trying not to think about it not happening :-(
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MandM2 View Post
We're due to fly to Birmingham on the 29th for a holiday in Cornwall. I'm trying not to think about it not happening :-(
But surely if the flight to Cornwall was cancelled, you could still get there by train / bus or car.

Edit - Sorry did not see you were in Germany.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
Cinnabon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
But surely if the flight to Cornwall was cancelled, you could still get there by train / bus or car.
the poster is located in Germany
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

Also please also spare a thought for all the soliders who are stuck in afghan & those stuck in the airport here away from family. I'm keeping my fingers crosses it goes quickly for everyone, but esp for mu friend who's DH has been away for 7 months and is due to fly home next week.
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes, I'm in Germany. But I have checked and yes, it is possible by train. But it would be an additonal 10 hours on top of our travel over here and then the drive from Birmingham down to near Minehead, our first stop. That's a heck of a journey and it would be a lot of extra dosh.

Also please also spare a thought for all the soliders who are stuck in afghan & those stuck in the airport here away from family. I'm keeping my fingers crosses it goes quickly for everyone, but esp for mu friend who's DH has been away for 7 months and is due to fly home next week.
I think everyone is thinking of them too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I really feel for those stuck abroad - not being able to go away on holiday is one thing but not being able to get home is an entirely different situation.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 10, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

We are supposed to be going to the Dominican Republic next Saturday but have to say I feel a lot more for those stuck abroad. It must be an awful feeling not knowing when you are going to get home. If ours is cancelled we will just change it for later so it's no big deal other than not knowing where we will be this time next week - laid on a beach with cocktail in hand or at home doing cleaning, ironing etc