Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Santa Fe vs Cheynne vs Sequoia Lodge?

Following on from my other thread, I'm starting to feel Newport Bay is a bit expensive at £2000+ it seems expensive for just a 5 night break, so I'm now looking at the 3 above, however the reviews worry me, all the reviews I keep reading on places like Trip Advisor keep saying how the rooms are tired, small, and in need of a massive refurb, Santa Fe and Cheyenne I keep reading about lack of AC and as were looking at going July/August, think it might be very uncomfortable without AC.

I really wanna stay onsite, mainly for being walking distance and since we stayed last time at Newport Bay (first time in 7 trips we stayed onsite) always said we would struggle offsite again as the bus we found is just always too busy.

Also how do these 3 hotels compare with NPB, NPB is the only onsite hotel we have stayed at back in 2017 and it was just stunning.

Why does onsite have to be so god damn expensive!

Edited at 09:23 PM.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Well, the value hotels don't have AC but they do have ceiling fans. Cheyenne's theming is amazing, the most immersive in DLP. It's maybe a 15 minute walk from the parks - slightly longer than Newport Bay but not much.

Yes, the rooms are not the last word in luxury, but they're fine. To be honest, you won't spend that much time in your room anyway.

The buffets get busy, but you don't have to eat there. Breakfast isn't included unless you have a dining plan. If you don't have one, there are other options in the Village - Starbucks, McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich, or my fave New York Style Sandwiches. There is also a Starbucks in Cheyenne. Or you can take cereal bars or porridge pots. (Remember to ask for a kettle at reception, as they are not always guaranteed to be in the rooms.)

Of the three, Sequoia Lodge is my favourite. Nearer than the other two, more grown up feel, cosy bar. Yes, it could do with a refurb by now but it's fine for a short stay. If you wanted you could stay Golden Forest level, which would give you extras such as a dedicated check in area, separate breakfast area, free snacks and drinks in the afternoons, a coffee machine in the room, and one Fastpass per person per day.

However, in recent stays our budget hasn't stretched to the Sequoia and we had a wonderful stay at the Cheyenne last November.

Offsite doesn't have to involve buses. There are loads of offsite options in Val d'Europe which are reachable by a 5 minute journey on the RER. Much more pleasant than the bus. We have stayed at the Elysee but there are loads of others - Ibis, Hipark, Adagio and more.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I've stayed in all 3 and enjoyed all 3. They are different. Sequoia is obviously closer but I will always prefer the Cheyenne. It's been recently refurbed, got great theming and the room we had had air con. I've been in winter and summer and found no issue with heat or cold. It's about a 15min walk from Santa Fe/Cheyenne and we've walked it in all weather, with pushchairs and more recently wheelchairs. We are staying in the Disneyland hotel in summer but my next visit after that will be back to the Cheyenne. It's up to you and what you want from the hotel/trip. To me it's somewhere to sleep as we are in the park most of the day. We hardly used the facilities in the sequoia and the New York when we stayed there.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Funny you should say that, as I thought I remembered Cheyenne having air con since the refurb, but we stayed in November so can't really be sure!
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Best you don’t ask me about hotel Cheyenne... see my report...
SL 100 times over!
No you aren’t in the room much but a comfy bed is a must. Other than that the theming and location of HC was good enough for a budget
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
To be honest I was slightly worried about the beds, having read they were hard. We had no problems at all with ours - firm, yes, but perfectly comfortable. Maybe it helped that we are two Pooh-sized adults and therefore had a bed each!
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I give pooh a run for his money but still my body couldn’t cope. I think we were spoilt as had just recently had our Simba mattress delivered and were sleep spoilt. Had it been before this we may not of been quite so sore and dissatisfied!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I, too, have stayed in all 3 and would stay in all of them again. My least favorite was Santa Fe but we stayed there pre Cars refurb and it was a bit tired and I found it a bit school canteen like in the dining room but, though it wouldn't be my first choice, I wouldn't mind staying there again.
I think my favourite is the Cheyenne because of the amazing theming. I have stayed there in August and not found the lack of air con to be a problem. I have also stayed there in February with several inches of snow on the ground and not been cold in the room. I found the beds to be quite comfy but I am usually that tired at Disney that I could probably sleep on a washing line
I loved my stay at Sequoia Lodge but I don't think it is worth paying more money for. The distance between it and the other two is negligible, particularly when you consider how far you walk in a day at Disney. We thought we might use the pool when we were there but we never seen to have time.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all, I'm not usually one to follow reviews, it just seems that most of the recent reviews I have found for those 3 have all been mostly negative.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tappers01
slightly serious Dibber

tappers01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
My vote is for Sequoia Lodge. Stayed at Santa Fe in a Cars room, which was fine (and we liked the Mexican restaurant La Cantina(?) in the evening. However Sequoia Lodge was much nicer in terms of the grounds, bar area, restaurant etc.
We haven't stayed at Cheyenne, but did have a meal there in the BBQ buffet, and had a good look around. I don't believe there is a huge difference in terms of the rooms TBH.