Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Nov 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We’ve done the TS in the past but we prefer QS. It’s less restrictive and the tips aren’t extortionate they are non existent. The price for tips on ts places can buy a whole meal off site. That being said if it is your first time I’d say go for Ts for the experience of character meals etc. If you do for for QS there are lots of great QS places to eat in resorts especially deluxe resorts you chose meals, order and sit down with a buzzer and food is brought out to you so like a TS. Plus plenty of excellent QS places in Disney springs! I have a food report this year on QS I’ll get you a link...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1136682

Edited at 05:07 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Think you'll get as many votes for one as the other as we all have different needs and wants from a holiday. Either has positives so you can't make a bad decision :-)
We personally would always choose qsdp, there's masses of choice, especially if including Disney springs and resorts. We have kids but none of us are interested in the characters, and we like flexibility and speed of service with qsdp. Plus not having to plan in advance (I do have possible options for each day but nothing booked except BOG).
There's also the significant saving on cost and tips, which makes Disney affordable for us.
I can see why others would choose tsdp but it's not for us.
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveLeith
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, we upgraded to TS our last visit & really enjoyed dinner at BOG, CRT plus a few other character meals, we would never have paid cash for these meals.

However now that we’ve dined in the restaurants we really wanted to if we stay onsite again with free dining we would go for the QS option, it’s a pain having to book 6 months out & the tips soon start adding up.

I’d definitely recommend giving TS a try.
Old 4 Nov 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Having done QS first time and TS last time, much preferred TS, some great themed restaurants but also fab resort restaurants as well , yes tips are extra, but we just factored that in to what we intended to spend
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We thoroughly enjoyed TS particularly the signature restaurants, non signature definitely aren't the same std. We are staying delux next trip but are seriously considering upgrading so we can do signature everyday.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Personally I can think of little worse than only QS everyday for a 2 week holiday. DH and I have always been the kind to spend less on hotels so we can enjoy a nicer evening meal. I do find Disney TS quite overpriced though.

I second your recommendation for the resort restaurants. Some of the non signatures there are much better than those in the parks
With some Dibbers , who are lucky enough to have been round the track a few times, a new course is refreshing

Disney332
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Table service for us , usually 3 signatures and perhaps 1 breakfast so this then leaves 4 nights where we have a snack meal, ie blaze pizza.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We stayed in POFQ and upgraded to TS and loved it. Personally, I couldn't go 2 weeks without a TS meal. We knew we wanted to do a couple of character meals so by the time you add the cost up of paying OOP it was worth it for us. Yes, you have to factor in the tip but some of the places we ate in we wouldn't have without the DDP.Our particular favourite was California Grill. I didn't find it difficult planning as I know what time we like to eat which is usually around 6pm and this didn't change for us.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
GBScott
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Some great table service experiences not to be missed. Ohana, Cinderella’s Royal table Cali Grill, 50’s Prime Time, Sci-fi Dine In, to name a few
GBScott is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have upgraded to the TS plan twice in 2016 & 2018, but this year we had no dining plan, and we ate at some QS places, and also at T Rex and Sanaa which are reservations we got on the day. From now on we would only have TS if we book a deluxe and it's included, we're currently booked at the Yacht Club for next year but will be looking at downgrading our accommodation to a value (and upgrading to the QS) as we loved the freedom of being able to just eat as we go, we've done most of the character dining experiences, and I refuse to pay for them. I think for the first time, TS is great, but it's not for us anymore.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List