Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 May 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Penalties for checking out early?

Our flight doesn't leave Miami on the Saturday night till 10.25pm. I was thinking of driving down the day before and staying in Deerfield Beach for some beach time on the Friday afternoon & Saturday morning, late lunch by the beach before driving to Miami to drop the car off and fly home. We would be leaving the hotel on the Saturday 4/5 to get us to the airport.

Does anyone know if hotels penalise people for checking out early?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Hotels won’t penalise you for checking out early.
Old 27 May 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

You will be fine, indeed you never know if you let them know you may just get a night refund... and before others say no you won’t, happened to me at beach club.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
fileyboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I am little confused, why would they penalise you for checking out early?
fileyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by fileyboy View Post
I am little confused, why would they penalise you for checking out early?
No need for confusion :-) I have read on a few booking sites that some hotels do...I would be booking with AVIOS and on a few locations it states in the t&c that they could charge for early check out. So wanted to know if anyoe had actually been charged.

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
No need for confusion :-) I have read on a few booking sites that some hotels do...I would be booking with AVIOS and on a few locations it states in the t&c that they could charge for early check out. So wanted to know if anyoe had actually been charged.
That makes sense. We booked a Holiday Inn in West Palm Beach last year for the night we arrived to save driving up to Orlando. We booked with points.

However, once we landed DH felt okay to drive all the way so we didn’t go to the hotel thinking we’d just lose the points. Turns out it says in the small print that for a no show they charge the room rate to the card they have on file! If we’d known we’d probably have checked in then left!

So it might be worth checking 😊
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
That makes sense. We booked a Holiday Inn in West Palm Beach last year for the night we arrived to save driving up to Orlando. We booked with points.

However, once we landed DH felt okay to drive all the way so we didn’t go to the hotel thinking we’d just lose the points. Turns out it says in the small print that for a no show they charge the room rate to the card they have on file! If we’d known we’d probably have checked in then left!

So it might be worth checking 😊
That's exactly it Jo! Need to have a look at the T&C properly before we make a decision!

Old 28 May 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve never been penalised at Disney. We’ve booked the night we fly home a few times when we’ve had the late flight so we can pack and sleep in on the last day without becoming holiday refugees at lunch time.
Old 28 May 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

When I have a late flight I often book that night too so we can stay in the room until 6pm. I just leave the keycard on the table and leave, I don’t tell them I’m leaving or planning to leave early.

Not showing up at all is different and nearly always incurs the first night charge no matter how you book. Have been burned that way when my flight was cancelled. Most places need 24 hour notice of a no-show.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’ve never been penalised at Disney. We’ve booked the night we fly home a few times when we’ve had the late flight so we can pack and sleep in on the last day without becoming holiday refugees at lunch time.
That's what I hate, hanging round the pool with no shower room or somewhere to get changed.

I was looking at possibly driving to Deerfield Beach midday on the Friday, spending the evening having a nice dinner by the ocean somewhere we could walk to so that DH can have a beer, then waking the next day, spend the morning/early afternoon on the beach, late lunch, showers and then drive down to Miami for our flight home. So would book the fri & sat night. I just cant decide wether we should lose a day in Orlando (no valid tickets at that stage of the holiday) or just drive on the Saturday after leaving the villa at 10am, but it's an awful lot of time to kill!