Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

February half term

I have priced up Feb half term and using our AP discount on the Cheyenne and flights from Heathrow with Air France I can get 6 days for 8 people ( 4 adults and 4 children) for £1350. I think this is a fantastic price and so does hubby.
His concern is driving from Cardiff to Heathrow if it's icy on the roads as it's an early morning flight and a late evening return or if it's snowing.
Has anyone driven this sort of route at this time before? I was thinking to maybe add a hotel near Heathrow and stay the night before we fly as we can drive in the day as it should be a bit clearer on the roads.
I've priced up flights from both Cardiff and Bristol and unless we lose 2 days of the holiday due to flight times then the prices for the flights are near enough the same as what I can get for the hotel and flights from Heathrow.
Thank you oh wonderful people of much knowledge x x
Vicki x x
vickisocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I think I'd stay the night before near the airport. The weather is often really cold then. We live in general Heathrow area and the roads around here can be an absolute nightmare, I wouldn't want to risk going same day if it was me.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thank you x I think we shall do this as I'm sure it will still be cheaper than the extra for the flights from close to us x
Vicki
vickisocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

If you don't mind could i just ask how much the Cheyenne was with the discount ?
We are thinking of getting AP's and are looking at that week and are trying to work out deals...shouldn't really be going as only got back from WDW a few weeks ago and can't afford it but trying every which way to get to DLP as really don't want to miss the 25th ...
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

Ok for 5 days 4 nights (Monday to Friday ) it was £516.16 for 2 rooms. For 6 days 5 nights ( Monday to Saturday) it was £630-£650 something, sorry don't have the sheet with me I wrote it down on, for the 2 rooms.
Vicki x
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that ...that looks a great price
Think im really gonna have to have a look at AP's
Thanks again
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

hmm thats interesting - I just had a look for a one-adult (and free kids under 7) price for the Cheyenne for 4 nights/5 days, Monday to Friday, in half term week next year (ours is w/c 19th Feb 2018) and its a very reasonable price £330, which includes park tickets for everyone included in the booking. So if you have children aged under 7, and you prefer to stay onsite, it may not be worthwhile buying APs for everyone, as kids under 7 are generally free on an onsite package booking anyway (and you'd have to pay for an AP for them if you went the room-only route).

I'm surprised the prices are so good - I was expecting them to be a lot more than that, as its been 4 or 5 years since we last went in Feb half term, and the price for 4 nights/5 days at the Cheyenne or Santa Fe then was just under £290 for the same package deal.

If you don't have kids aged under 7 though, the AP route may be the way to go (especially if want to return more than once in a 12-month period, and its even better value if you're happy to stay offsite but nearby rather than always onsite, if the price is right ).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List