Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 02, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Character meal help please

We have a PS on the 22nd for Chef Mickeys for breakfast, I've just read someones opinion on the Dis saying the food was awful and the place looked grubby a couple of others chimed in and said their's wasn't great either, I don't know what to do now?
I know you'll hear good and bad about most places, but when it's a character meal that's a lot of money to waste isn't it. Not sure whether to choose another Character meal breakfast or otherwise... any thoughts?
Old 12 Oct 02, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sam,
we have always been put off Chef Mickey's mainly because it's noisy. It's very popular with kids and so usually the place is full of younger children.
I've heard very good reports but I've heard more bad/dissapointing reports.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to see Mickey.

I've been to both H&V and Crystal Palace and both of these were excellent and my kids loved the interaction of the characters.
We usually book a late breakfast around 10:00am, this way we get to do some of the park whilst others are eating breakfast, then when we eat there is less people in the restaurant and we get more character time.
Also when you come out say 11am, people are starting to queue for Lunch, so you get to do the attractions with less people as tey are all eating.
Old 12 Oct 02, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Thanks Stu, our PS is for 10am too.
I'm seriously thinking of not doing it. DS has just said he'd rather do a dinner so I've looked at LTT and it seems very nice. The characters are Minnie 7 friends, not sure who her mates are though
Old 13 Oct 02, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally posted by Amazing-Grace
I've looked at LTT and it seems very nice. The characters are Minnie 7 friends, not sure who her mates are though
Sam,
used to be

Minnie
Goofy
Pluto
Chip
Dale
Old 13 Oct 02, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Sam, we did Chef Mickey's last time (coz V wanted to see him in his Chef's suit). The buffet food is very good (same as H&V,if you know it) and plentiful but , as Stu has said, it is particularly popular with the younger families and IS very busy and noisy. No real problem there but it makes it more cafeteria like than ever. The characters visit every table but can't dwell - and can get pestered by the kids at the adjoining tables, depending on their parents' stance re your needs versus THEIR kids.
It was nice but we won't go back - our two are a little old for Character meals now but I don't think I'd take children twice whatever their age.

Liberty Tree Tavern is as different to CM's as yer can get. A more adult environment yet still Magic for all ages. The food is great and the characters spent more time at each table when we went.

Hope this helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 02, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Many thanks for you input Stu & Dave. I made two PS's last night, 1900 Park fare for dinner with Pooh (the character not the food!) and LTT for dinner too a week later. I didn't cancel Chef Mickeys because I though I'd listen to what others had to say. I have decided to cancel it though, it's a lot of money if you don't get too much interaction with the characters, and breakfast is included at our hotel.
Old 13 Oct 02, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemick
Excited about Disney

We went to Chef Mickey's this year & I think it was the best character breakfast we have been to. My favourite used to be the one at Animal Kingdom. At Chef Mickey's there was such a choice of different food & we found it to be spotless & everyone was very friendly whether there were children or not. I think it was worth the money & we have a lovely photo that they took as we went in.
minniemick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 02, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Sam

We are trying Chef Mickey's for the first time this year - just love Character Breakfasts

Kaylee
Old 13 Oct 02, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Sam

We have never been to Chef Mickeys but did have dinner in the LTT. We loved it - lovely decor, good food and lots of it, as your server will keep asking if you want anymore! We also had great character interaction, they came round quite a few times as well - had Pluto sitting on my lap at one point!

We have booked a PS for the 1900 Park Fare breakfast, so I will be interested in hearing how your meal went.

Happy Eating!
Wendy
Old 13 Oct 02, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Are the meals at LTT buffet style or set menu?
Ta

Lisa
Closed Thread