Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Like Pussycat Doll, when we bought our villa, we had 4 bookings in place. The ex villa owner gave us the deposits and all the guests details which we contacted straight away.

Sorry this has happened to you, but definatly ask for your deposit back from the original owner who has sold unless they can prove that they have given the deposits to the new owner and then you will need their details.

Enjoy your holiday in the new villa.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 27 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Even if the old owners have sent the deposit to the new owners, the new owners haven't signed any contracts. especially if you can't get hold of the new owners, I think your contract still lies with the previous owners, and it's up to them to recover any loss from the new owners.

However, I'm not a solicitor, so I'd first start with the new owners if possible, but if not, then I'd be heading to small claims court (it might be worth getting an initial consult with a solicitor to check who is responsible for returning your money).

PS I'm glad you found another villa, enjoy your holiday.
Old 27 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I can completely understand how you feel and “cheated” is probably not too strong a word.

In the Dibb Villa Owner contract there is a requirement that has been very clearly spelled out that Owners who list their villa for sale must notify Stu and then a decision will be made whether to suspend, delete or annotate the Dibb advert accordingly.

Whilst this owner has behaved despicably in not contacting you, the removal of their advert from the Dibb would have been a strong warning.

When you rent any villa from anywhere. You should always continue to check the website, and, in the case of a Dibb Villa Owner, their current advert, activity and reviews.

Villa renting is all about trust and communication - when either of those stop, there’s trouble

With regard to getting your deposit back, the owner was in breach of the contract that they signed with you as they have sold, thus transferring the contract without your agreement.

I would reply to the email that you have received indicating that you consider the original owner to be in breach of contract by selling the villa and giving them 14 days to return your money.

There is no need to threaten SCC at this point as this may be settled very easily.

Best regards

Gary
Old 27 May 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

Same when we bought. Deposit Monies paid as part of the completion and bookings honoured. I contacted the guests as soon as we closed to say their booking was safe, to reconfirm deposits paid and when balance was due. The guests had also been made aware property was going on the market.

So sorry this happened to you - hope you get your deposit back without any more stress/hassle

Edited at 02:06 PM.
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Personally I would be contacting the people with whom you had the contract with. They need to refund you your deposit, you have no contract with the new owners as they have not contacted you to confirm anything.
Explain that your contract is with them and you should have been notified of a major change and threaten with small claims cout f need be.
Totally agree with this... what a awful thing to happen! hope you get your money back.. I will add that most of the Dibb villa owners do not operate in this way, and I have had lovely dealings with a few of the Dibb Villa owners.. Melvin and Lesley at Sunset Lakes are excellent.. :-) .. and their villa is lovely..

Edited at 06:30 PM.
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List