Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 May 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile Films or tv shows you were expecting to love or hate

I normally tend to watch the same sort of films but last week my eldest said I just had to watch gentleman . I kept saying no it’s a Guy Ritchie film , it’s got Hugh Grant in (not keen on either) but I relented and watched it . I found it really enjoyable and as for Hugh Grant it took me a while to notice it was him 😀 my son is now trying to persuade me to watch snatch but I don’t think he will wear me down this time ! Anything you thought you would love or hate but didn’t ?
Old 21 May 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I fully expected to hate Elf and ended up loving it 😅 My partner almost refused to go and watch Paddington at the cinema based on the trailer, which made it look like a substandard kid’s film. We both loved it (cried multiple times!) and went to watch the sequel in the cinema too 🤩
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

For me Guy Ritchie’s appeal wore off after Lockstock, and he’s directed some shockers - but this film Gentlemen was very good and I really enjoyed it. Both Hugh Grant and Colin Farrell were excellent.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I had a few months off last year after an op and was looking for things to watch. A few people suggested Peaky Blinders which I resisted. About 4 weeks later I watched the 1st episode and then binged watched all the series in quick succession. Not my usual type of series so was very pleasantly surprised.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

The Crown.

I was expecting to HATE it and not make it 20 minutes into the first episode. I binge watched all 3 series in one go 😂. I am obsessed!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Years ago a very annoying girl used to go on constantly about how good friends was. It put me right off it as we were such opposites in taste.
Then obviously about 2 years late to the party got lent the whole vhs set from someone and emerged 6 months later !
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Oh I LOVED The Gentleman, have watched it twice now. Hugh Grant is great in it, totally out of his normal type of role & it worked so well.

The Crown for me too was 1 I wasn’t sure I would like but I really enjoyed it. Along with Narcos, not something I would usually watch but loved all the series over all the cartels x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Normal People. Not normally my thing at all, but I have to say it’s outstanding, especially the acting. As smart as Arron Sorkins writing and I mean that as a huge compliment as is a big fan of newsroom, west wing etc.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

I loved the first 3 series of Sons of Anarchy. Then Kurt Sutter made some posts on Twitter which showed him to be a total hypocrite.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I expected to hate Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead - on paper not my thing at all (I hate fantasy and would never ever watch anything with zombies!) - love both!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List