Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 May 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile HomeAway

Just thought I'd ask anybody out there if they are having any problems enquiring about properties on HomeAway recently? I've sent a few questions off for some properties for next year and have not had any confirmation emails from HomeAway or the villa owners responses about any of them. Normally I get a HomeAway confirmation email straight away and then a response from the owner. I've checked my Spam and email filters and everything is good.

Any help please? Thanks
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

There were issues due to the fact that all vacation rentals were suspended in Florida until last week
Rentals opening back up county by county now as soon as their individual opening plans are approved
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
There were issues due to the fact that all vacation rentals were suspended in Florida until last week
Rentals opening back up county by county now as soon as their individual opening plans are approved
Thanks for the reply. I can understand not replying for near rentals but for rentals for next year (and probably much needed deposit income for the owners) I would have had some responses. I'm just wondering if HomeAway are not forwarding requests through. I'm just not getting a confirmation email number from HomeAway saying the enquiry has been acknowledged and passed on.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I can understand not replying for near rentals but for rentals for next year (and probably much needed deposit income for the owners) I would have had some responses. I'm just wondering if HomeAway are not forwarding requests through. I'm just not getting a confirmation email number from HomeAway saying the enquiry has been acknowledged and passed on.
Can I just point out that Homeaway don’t pass over the deposit to owners when you pay it to them. They keep it all and pay it with the balance to the owner the day after you arrive. That has been my experience with them anyway.

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

Edited at 09:39 AM.
JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by JulieB01 View Post
Can I just point out that Homeaway don’t pass over the deposit to owners when you pay it to them. They keep it all and pay it with the balance to the owner the day after you arrive. That has been my experience with them anyway.
AirBNB do the same. It’s to protect the renter.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by JulieB01 View Post
I see. We have had to cancel this August so wanted to book a villa for Easter with the knowledge that we have 100% cancellation to the end of January with things being as they are. Even with 100% cancellation I'm still a bit worried about paying a substantial sum of money without having a chat with the owners and their responses etc. Are the owners even still in business, are they in arrears with the lack of rentals.
Old 25 May 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Unfortunately it is not, it is done this way so they can keep it in an account to earn interest on it which they keep, can you imagine how much they were earning by doing this before the virus hit on top of the service charge they are charging renters and the extra charges they taking from the owner

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

To answer the original question, no I havent had any problems. Sent 2 messages off this morning and received email answers from the owners this evening. I did receive the homeaway email straight after I sent my enquiry off aswell.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
To answer the original question, no I havent had any problems. Sent 2 messages off this morning and received email answers from the owners this evening. I did receive the homeaway email straight after I sent my enquiry off aswell.
Thanks for the info. I've just used a different email account and responses now coming being sent and getting replies. Thanks.
Old 27 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I was merely piointing out to the OP that he was mistaken in thinking that booking so early gives owners much needed deposit income. It gives them nothing apart from a future booking, but, as my fellow owner Steve points out, it does give HA a fair amount of money in the bank on which to earn interest!

And Im not sure why you think this protects the renter?

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List