Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 07, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post

hi i have stayed there a few times.Its a very basic hotel but the service is gd and the rooms are clean .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 07, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We've stayed there twice, and like other posters found it basic and clean, in September 06 we had a room that was along side the main access road for the hotel, we never had a problem with traffic noise, but then we didn't have childen with us. When we stayed there in july 2003 we stayed in one of the bigger blocks, the rooms were pretty much the same. I did prefer the 2 storey room we stayed in last year.

Debbie
Old 19 Feb 07, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ScottishSweety
Imagineer

ScottishSweety's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hiya, we stayed there last summer and would DEFF recomend it. We requested a non smoking top floor room away from the poo...and thats what we got. The room was 3605 (i think) and it was lovely and clean, the staff couldnt have done more to help us and it was really quiet. Hope you have a wonderfull holiday wherever you decide to stay.

ScottishSweety is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 07, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
taffgirl
Imagineer

taffgirl's Reviews
[QUOTE=ScottishSweety]... We requested a non smoking top floor room away from the poo...

POO?
taffgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 07, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed there a few years ago and are staying there in September this year. It was ok when we stayed last time so I'm taking the kids this time.
Old 20 Feb 07, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Stayed there last year and we are staying there again this year, its basic, but clean, security better there than at Disney or Universal onsite as they actually patrol the grounds plus check drivers ID as they enter hotel, never ate in restaurant to be honest there are plenty of good restaurants close by, laundry room every second floor, rooms cleaned daily, never saw any cockroaches but to be honest in the tropical climes cockroaches are not a sign of being dirty they are just bugs, although I'd still kill the little gits , as Jools I enjoyed the vanilla coffee while using my PDA with free wireless internet in lobby
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 07, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in October last year and I have put my review on this site too.

I agree with the other Dibbers who say that it is basic and clean. However, I would not want to stay there again personally.

The hotel itself is getting old and dated. It was as clean as it could be, but reminded me of a holiday camp in the 70's - lots of blocks and concrete. We stayed in a room in the 2 storey block - our friends stayed on the ground floor of the 5 storey block. One thing I would say for all rooms is that they are approached via an outside walkway, i.e. no inner corridoors. Therefore, you could get a ground floor room that has parking bays right outside the door - like our friends had. Headlights shining in and doors slamming during the night, could be a distraction. Because your door and window are in view of everyone, you do see people passing by and peering in, (during the day) and unless you change in the small bathroom, you will have to keep the curtains closed whilst getting dressed or other things

On a positive note, I would say the location is brilliant, security good and the pools were lovely and warm. However, for the same budget I think you could do better. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Canada Avenue (about 1 mile from QII) just 1 block off I-drive and it was much nicer for around the same price - plus you did get a complimentary confitental breakfast too.

I know there are some folks who love the QII and return regularly, but for my money, I would do a bit of digging around for something more up-to-date.

Happy Planning
Old 21 Feb 07, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Stayed there 2 years ago and had an absolute ball. Room very clean, and kept that way with regular maidservice. Pool was class for kids. Very close to an amenities on I Drive and other exit onto Sand Lake Drive was excellent. Slip road onto 194 right outside hotel. Denny's 2 mins walk for a lovely breakfast. Loved the place.
Old 21 Feb 07, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Cheryl P
Imagineer

Cheryl P's Reviews
I stayed there 1996, we went for our honeymoon. It was basic, very clean and we had a real great time. I think the main thing is if it's clean and in a good location, this hotel was both. So we are going back this May, this time with our little boy.

Cheryl P is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 07, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
we stayed dec 2003 on our first visit to Florida
like some other dibbers we got a smoking room despite asking for a non smoking and my us rellies complaining at reception they still wouldnt give us another room despite advertising vaccancies!
It was ok but some guests are just not very considerate and there was noise ,but hey, that happens in lots of places .We found it a little tired and wouldnt choose to stay there again.
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread