Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 07, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Why isn't this place showing up oin Virgin's website ? It is definatly in the brochure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 08, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I was wondering that too! They can't have dropped that accomadation cos we booked with Virgin in October to stay there this May. Maybe there waiting till all the building works done or something?!
Helen x
Old 2 Jan 08, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

They did this about this time last year when we were trying to book. We phoned Virgin & it was due to the hotel trying to re-negotiate the contract! May be worth giving them a call to check if that is the reason as they were confident of successfully agreeing a new contract and allowed us to book! We are off there in April!
Old 8 Jan 08, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ljhleeds
Excited about Disney

We are staying here in March. I have just looked on Virgin website and it still isn't there but when I rang to pay my balance this morning I asked them to request a middle floor which they have done and emailed the hotel so hopefully everything will be okay.
For those who have stayed here before is there a particular building that is better for parking, views etc that I should try and request?

Thanks.
Old 9 Jan 08, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

How is the storage/wardrobe space in the apartments ?
We only need 2 bedrooms but I'm thinking of getting a 3 just so as we can store the suitcases and junk in there. I hate it when all this is hanging around making the place look untidy
Old 9 Jan 08, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
We only need 2 bedrooms but I'm thinking of getting a 3 just so as we can store the suitcases and junk in there. I hate it when all this is hanging around making the place look untidy

I have this saved in my favorite's, Floor plan's of the resort, maybe this might help until someone else come's on who's stayed there.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 08, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
All the bedrooms have built in wardrobes with shelves and hanging space, a double size in the master suite and full size in the other rooms. There is also a full size chest of drawers in each bedroom. We certainly didn't feel we lacked storage space.
Old 20 Feb 08, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fjmoore
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Staying here Easter 2008 and got a couple of questions.

1. Would you recommend a particular building or floor. Would prefer not to have view of building works. Can you see fireworks from WDW from here? If so, where should I request to get a decent view?

2. Forgive my possible stupidity... do they provide all bed linen and towels? Do we need pool towels? Am used to self catering in Europe where usually you get nothing!

3. Realistically how long does it take to get from resort to inside WDW parks? We have a hire car. Are we close enough to come "home" for a break in the middle of the day?

Any other information or hints and tips on this resort will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!
fjmoore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 08, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
J1WYX
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We had a ground floor room looking out over carpark/new building. The only work we saw was the decorators going in as the building work was going on behind the main building behind fences. If you ask for room overlooking pool then you wouldnt see much work force. As for fireworks... we didnt see any but did read if you go up to top floor you can see them.

Bed linen and towels in all bathroom provided and towels around the pool... you will need to take pool towels though if you plan to do a water park (or hire them )

Location is good and your about 10 mins away from Disney if the traffics ok.
We often went back to room for break in afternoon.

93,94 & 95 Comfort Inn, 97 Sheraton world, 00 Howard Johnson,01 Amerihost,04 H.I Nikki Bird,05 H.I Sunspree 07 Lake B Vista Village. Villa March 10 & Oct 12, New York & Glbrook Oct 13 Oct 15, Gran Canaria 16,Miami&villa 17 Villa 19 Vila 22, 23
J1WYX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 08, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

I would avoid being close to the pool, it can be noisy. Buildings 1 and 2 are away from the building work, high floors would be quieter.

Towels are provided in the apartments and by the pool.

Less than 10 minutes drive to the Disney parks, easily close enough to come back for a break.

Some pics and details in my trippie from last year.
Closed Thread