Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 08, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

We love to sit by the pool at the end of a long happy enjoyable day have a quiet drink and listern to the sounds all around and discuss what a great day it has been and if the mood takes a dip in the pool wonderful relaxing and the icing on the cake x
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Agree with most of the above.

We love the freedom that comes with a villa, eat what you like, when you like, dressed how you like!

We love the amount of extra room you get in a villa where you can just 'veg' out during the day/evening.

The pivacy you get with a villa is brilliant, especially if you select one that's not overlooked.

I don't think I could go back to Orlando and stay in an hotel again.

I'm going with a friend so there'll be just the 2 of us and we have rented a villa.

Love it!
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Oooooo where will I start ...

... so much roooooom for so little cost (how did we ever contemplate that holiday when 5 of us shared a room at PORS ! ).

... everyone of the four members of our family having their own bathroom !

... no arguing about watching the TV... because we can all watch one each if necessary !

... to be able to cook poached egg on toast if you feel like it, and not to HAVE to go out to eat, when you are all so tired after the parks.

... not having to tidy up a little before you go out.

...having the TV on and not worring about waking the kids.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 09:51 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
feebee
slightly serious Dibber

What I love is sitting by the pool early morning (jetlag) with a coffee made in the proper machine! Everyone else still asleep, silence, dew on the grass and still slightly chilly watching the steam rise from the pool. Thinking "what shall we do today". As everyone surfaces we can have breakfast at home, anything you fancy from our HUGE well stocked fridge, or pop out to GCorrall usually! Having a shower/bath in my HUGE en suite. The kids all have their own suites (can't be described as just rooms) Chill out days are great, especially with children. If they have had enough of their own private pool (little treasures ) they can go inside, play games watch 3 millio tv channels etc. If our toddler wants a nap, he can sleep in a bed rather than his hot sweaty buggy, whilst we sit by the pool (take monitor!) Gone are the days of trying to placate him around a crowded pool. Park days are equally good, as you come 'home' you can BBQ, or takeaway, we don't usually cook proper, but Publix do great DELI stuff (giant crab legs, salads cooked meats etc.) We often buffet by the pool, drinking wine, having a swim (not at the same time) I think this probably sums up why we like the villa experiance. Each to their own but it suits us. Have a wonderful time.

15 years of Florida Trips. Lots of villa's, Bahama Bay Resort, Royal Pacific Resort, Celebration Hotel, WDW Swan, Naples, Marco Island, Sarasota, Clearwater. Onsite next for the first time - Wilderness Lodge
feebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

Oh dont you just want to be there now all these memories. We had a villa last november just the 2 of us the freedom we felt was amazing dont think we would do a hotel again either
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnno
Imagineer

The villa was the kids 2nd favourite thing on holiday (the first was Discovery Cove). They loved the pool and never wanted to leave it. Sometimes we had to drag them out saying "but we're going to Disney World!" They would literally roll out of bed in the morning and swim before breakfast and then swim when we got home at night.

See I even called it home then!
1991 WDW Honeymoon - 2002 DLP - August 2007 Silver CreekTrip Report - August 2009 DLP surprise trip - July/August 2010 DCL Dover-Barcelona - August 2011 SSR/Rolling Hills/Fort Lauderdale - New Year 2015 DLP Sequoia Lodge - August 2015 Silver Creek/Clearwater
jonnno is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Being able to put the baby to bed without sitting in a dark hotel room and creep about
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheshirecat
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheshirecat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My absolute favourite thing (though there are many) is to get up... I'm an early riser... and get a glass of orange or a coffee (or both!) and go out on the lanai. It's so quiet, it always smells good and it's usually quite refreshing temperature wise. In my PJ's of course. The pool heater will be humming away, might see the odd tiny lizard darting across thr mesh... I love that, I really do.

"The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Avios/British Airways’ positions, strategies or opinions"
Cheshirecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Thanks for starting this thread it's getting me all excited for my holiday next week! I'm soooooooooooooooo excited!
Old 31 Aug 08, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

2 days from now I will be getting a cold beer from the fridge and scrolling through the forums sat at the breakfast bar, contemplating jumping in the pool shouting weaheeee!
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread