Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Caravan Breaks

We have recently been converted to enjoying a couple of caravan breaks in the summer - the kids have a ball! We have tried a couple of Butlins sites and haven too. I'm looking for something in August and haven is coming out quite expensive and I wondered if anybody had any recommendations of any good sites that are similar to haven/Butlins with plenty of kids clubs and entertainment in the evening. We are based in the midlands but happy to travel.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

Try park resorts. They are pretty good. We are off to the Isle of Wight with them in August.
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

We stayed with Hoburne last summer and enjoyed it! Better quality of caravan than the Haven equivalent we stayed in last October too
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
We have recently been converted to enjoying a couple of caravan breaks in the summer - the kids have a ball! We have tried a couple of Butlins sites and haven too. I'm looking for something in August and haven is coming out quite expensive and I wondered if anybody had any recommendations of any good sites that are similar to haven/Butlins with plenty of kids clubs and entertainment in the evening. We are based in the midlands but happy to travel.
the one we use is in Devon Cofton holiday park Dawlish... people come down from all over
Old 13 Jun 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Hi, we are going to a Haven park in July at the beginning of the school hols, and our park is sold out that week

I know what you mean about Haven charging a fortune, so the last 2 times we have booked a private caravan for about a 1/3 of what Haven will charge for an equivalant caravan. You may find August pretty booked up now.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I live in Weymouth and we have 3 haven parks but also some lovely privately run parks. Waterside is amazing and well worth a look and chesil beach right where I live is slightly quieter but has the most amazing views x
Old 13 Jun 16, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We go to the John Fowler Widemouth Bay site in North Cornwall. Caravans are clean & nice. we usually stay in a gold or platinum but have stayed there on a Sun £9.50 break in a basic one which was fine. There is an indoor pool, clubhouse with kids club etc, games room, crazy golf. It is nowhere near as good as Haven in terms of facilities but is in a lovely spot. We live in Gloucestershire and it take us about 2.5-3hours to get there.
Old 14 Jun 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I live sandwiched between holiday parks on the Norfolk coast. Lots have private adverts or advertise thro 2cholidays. They are on good quality sites like Haven with excellent facilities. Might be worth a look.
Old 14 Jun 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Hoburne Devon Bay
We have a caravan there , close to Goodrington beach (walking distant) there's also Quaywest water park and Steam train station at Goodrington beach
Loads to do in area Paignton zoo 5 min drive.
And Living coast.
Miniature village. Kent's cavern at Torquay 15/20 mins drive.
Fishing village Brixham close by
We love the area
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Or parkholidays.com. There are 7night August breaks on there for around £525. I live near Broadland sands it's an old school holiday park with outdoor pool and plenty of entertainment.