Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jun 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Adam. What a great report and well done to you for taking the time to write this and post the pictures, it takes ages as I know from experience albeit mine are all cars from the Alamo garage!

So the maths in the end showed a slight credit by having the plan. I do take my hat off to you managing all those desserts and snacks!

For those who like desserts and even though the DDP has been eroded in real terms it can prove to be worthwhile paying for it as your report has proved.

Ohh for those times years ago when it also included the gratuity, now that was a good deal.

As we hold a TIW Card it can never prove worthwhile for us though. My Wife and I read all your report yesterday afternoon and then I cancelled 14 of our 28 ADR's as we can no longer justify the cost of Disney food.
We have kept some favourites but have also ditched a load.

Maybe I should do Toms alternative dining report.

Well done and take care.
I think you should Mr TM! Obviously there wont be many desserts reviewed though...
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thanks for doing the report Adam, it's been great.

As you said if you didn't pay for it you would have eaten cheaper elsewhere but you had paid for it and you saved almost $200 on what you would have spent had you not purchased it and still ate at those restaurants.

It's put things into perspective, we have the free QSDP for October however paid around £800 to upgrade it to DDP. We have a lot of character meals organised so it will work out cost effective for us.

You've inspired me to try and do a similar dining report x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thanks for doing the report Adam, it's been great.

As you said if you didn't pay for it you would have eaten cheaper elsewhere but you had paid for it and you saved almost $200 on what you would have spent had you not purchased it and still ate at those restaurants.

It's put things into perspective, we have the free QSDP for October however paid around £800 to upgrade it to DDP. We have a lot of character meals organised so it will work out cost effective for us.

You've inspired me to try and do a similar dining report x
Fantastic I will look out for it!
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Great TR. I remember once staying offsite and eating at chef Mickey, I could have cried at the bill! If you had had alcohol it would have been even better value! Think that makes a big difference for those who enjoy a cocktail.
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Late to the party, but I have just read the whole thing through - great report, thank you! A couple of comments from my thoughts as I went through - the pork at LTT - I had exactly the same as you, it was horrible! My first bit of pot roast was fatty, but my next one was lovely. I do miss the proper slices of beef though. We switched to breakfast at Garden Grill this time because of the reduced quality of the meat - the cinnamon bun at breakfast there is amazing! My bf managed to get through his half of our snacks by using at least one a day on an iced coffee of some variety, however I do not drink coffee so we still had loads left over!

Also, thank you for mentioning MOD pizza - I have just moved to the area (from Wales) and am still trying to find the best places to go - MOD pizza has definitely made the list now!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Saldisney18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you for a fab report - thoroughly enjoyed reading 😊
Saldisney18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

What a fab report, thanks for sharing it all with us! Really interesting to see the figures at the end
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for doing the report Adam. I’m just catching up now amongst laundry duties-we got back Saturday afternoon. I did lookout for you but our paths didn’t cross, I saw only one Toon top this holiday and he wasn’t you😊 I’ve enjoyed reading your report, we normally pay oop and for the very first time had free dining-qsdp. I definitely struggled with the amount of snacks as we definitely don’t treat ourselves as much when we have to pay. My dd was pleased with the number of Mickey ice cream sandwiches consumed and the hubby would never have bought himself a $9.50 can of beer if it wasn’t in with his meal! I never managed to try Blaze but it’s good to know about the pizza place at the Metro, the kids would love it. Instead we enjoyed the Flatbread pizza at Riverside but have to say that the family size pizza at FQ was really good and sampled several times as a late night room picnic. I would love to give the DDP a go next time as there is so many place I would like to try. I even think my hubby could be persuaded as I think he enjoyed not really thinking about the price of things for the first time.
We never managed a cinnamon bun at Gaston’s this year but I have to say I was well impressed with the Mickey shaped one from Creature Comforts in AK. I wish I was eating Beignets with my coffee now.
I might actually attempt a food report, even though I wasn’t going to inflict it on anyone😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I've really enjoyed reading all your updates, certainly makes me see paying for DDP is not for us. Thanks for taking time out of your holiday to write this excellent report.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah hats off to you for taking the time to do this - can’t have been easy.
Enjoyed the honest report
Well done