Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Mar 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 15 ~ The Final Day - HS, Blaze, Cookes of Dublin, D-Luxe & Flight Home ~ 10th November 2018

Find the previous day HERE

Day 15 ~ The Final Day HS, Blaze, Cookes of Dublin, D-Luxe, Spending Credits and Flight Home ~ 10th November 2018

Well it was the final day I apologise for all the crying emoji's and the complete lack of photos!

As was usual for me I was the first awake at 7.45am. I got showered and pottered around a bit till everyone else was awake at 8.45am. Then I did the dreaded checking of the door outside to find out Tragical Express letter We were to be picked up at 5pm from main reception, so at least we still had a full day ahead of us!

We packed the rest of the cases and the new holdall I had to buy We weighed the cases with our scales and had to keep juggling stuff around as the biggest case was way over ... probably all the Poptarts from WalMart ... I wish we'd taken a photo, there must have been about 50 packs Once everything was packed and sorted we called bell services and I had another sweep around the room to make sure we had everything. I had to take the toiletries out and leave them as we just couldn't fit them in I really wanted to take a bit of Disney home to smell!

Bell services arrived around 15 minutes later and took the bags. I had one last check the closed the door for the final time

We were on the bus to Hollywood Studios by 9.40am. I'd booked a SDD
FP10.30am for one last ride. We headed straight to TSL and got a return time for TSM for 11.23am. We were on SDD by 10.40am and loved it again As we had a little time to kill before TSM we headed to Walt Presents and had a look around. Thomas was really interested, Caitlin and Noah not so much Last week it had been a preview of Mary Poppins in the theater area, this week it was Ralph Breaks The Internet which the kid's were over the moon with. We loved the little preview and I popped a little message on FB to tell people to watch it (We went to the cinema when home and we all loved it)

After this we headed to TSM. I won AGAIN I can't remember my score but I know it wasn't as high as the last 2 (164,000 and 172,000 I think). Time was getting on so we headed towards the exit as we needed to go to DS to spend the rest of the credits.

Some of you may remember we got balloons for the boys earlier in the week and Noah's was still going strong! So we asked him if he wanted to give it to another child as we couldn't take it on the plane He pointed out a couple with a little girl a few years younger than Noah so I went over and asked if they would like the balloon. They were very thankful and we told Noah how proud we were that he had done it.

As we were leaving the park we decided to pop to one of the little kiosks and grab a last taste of popcorn and a Mickey Pretzel. When we got there the queue was HUGE, I had no idea why but we couldn't be chewed to wait so we left. Thinking back it was a Saturday so that might have been why it seemed so much busier.

We jumped on the bus to POFQ then got the bus to DS ... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the bus don't go park to park do they?

We were at DS by 1pm and headed straight to Blaze for Caitlin's lunch.

Build Your Own 2 Top Pizza - Sauce, Cheese and 2 Toppings. High-rise Dough or Gluten-Free Dough - $9.45

She had chicken and ham and also got some garlic knots using a snack credit, not the best use, but we had too many to think about right now! She also got a sprite with this.

Caitlin loved the pizza, she said it was the best pizza she'd had on the trip, even trumping Tony's! She ate almost all of it, I think Chris finished the last piece. This is a place we're really looking forward to going to again, I'm even tempted to go when we're there in May!

We've just recently discovered MOD pizza near us and I must admit it's very similar to Blaze, so we're managing to get our fix here

Chris and I ate the garlic knots and they were lovely too.

Chris and I wanted to try D-Luxe burger but the boys wanted fish and chips so we headed over to Cookes of Dublin for the boys.

The Original One & One (Fish & Chips) - Served with Chips and our freshly made Tartar Sauce - $11.95

For some reason we didn't take a picture of the fish and chips so this will have to do

The boys shared this and both really enjoyed it. We tried a little and it was nice but the same as last night almost.

We now headed back round to D-Luxe and I placed the order on MDE with mobile ordering, hoping it would make it quicker ... hmmmmm.
I was really looking forward to this as I love a good burger, I had a couple over the holiday but this was the one I was looking forward too the most.

Classic Cheeseburger - Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onion and Pickle- $10.49

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich- Fried Chicken Breast topped with Buffalo Sauce, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato - $12.49

We also used a snack credit for a portion of fries

We pre ordered on the app here, somehow we ended up waiting almost 30 minutes (screen said 28 minutes) before we actually got our order I went and enquired about it twice to be told it was almost ready. Now I'm not sure if this tainted our judgment, but neither of us were blown away. I'd much prefer a Five Guys burger over one of these any day! We did have to wolf our food down though as we needed to head to Ghiradelli and Goofy's Candy Co to use up our remaining credits before getting back to POR for the Tragical Express.

We headed round to the lego shop as the boys wanted a look and we seen a photopass photographer near the Christmas tree so had some photos

The boys went to the logo shop so Caitlin and I went to Ghiradelli and got MORE chocolate They met us back up at Earl Of Sandwich.

The kid's didn't want anything so Chris and I got a sandwich each for the plane. We didn't think about the french dips having a dip clues in the name but we obviously weren't thinking. Service in here was REALLY slow, like snails pace slow, it was ridiculous to be honest! I waited over 20 minutes. Sadly I don't have a picture of these, they ended up in the bin such a waste!

Next up we headed to Goofy's Candy Co to use up the rest of our credits.

I just didn't have time to take a photo of the snacks we got but we got a mixture of gummy sweets, lolly's and rice crispy treats (including 3 make your own!) I did get Chris to take a photo when we got home. As they're all piled on top of each other you can't really see everything but there was so much!

Time was getting on and it was around 3.45pm so we needed to get back to POR. We walked to the boat and watched one come in. Noah decided just as it was coming in that he needed the toilet, so I ran back to the toilets with him and we got back to the boat just before they closed the line thankfully! Kid's just have the best timing don't they!

I left Chris with the kid's whilst I went to bell services to retrieve our luggage. I also asked about leaving Noah's pushchair for another family, the CM said he would pop it in storage for someone who could use it which was nice them.

We sat on one of the round seats in the lobby with our 5000 cases Caitlin and I went to the food court to fill up all our drinks. When we went down I realised that for some reason we still had 1QS credit so we paid for a meal for a lady who was waiting to be served. She was ever so grateful.

We headed outside with all our luggage about 4.30pm to wait for the Tragical Express. There was a bean bag game set out so the kid's and Chris had a play.

As we were waiting this turned up ... I posted on FB saying I was going to smuggle onto it

The Tragical Express arrived at 4.50pm, not gonna lie once I got on and sat down I had tears rolling down my face. I was so disappointed and really didn't want the holiday to end. I sat there silently crying the whole way to the airport. None of us spoke to each other I think even the kid's were upset I did manage to take a photo of my magic band though ... mine was the only one to keep the sticker over the whole 2 weeks!

We arrived at MCO by 6.10pm. We headed up to the check in and were directed to the upper class desks to check in for special assistance. Noah was getting very anxious at this point for some reason and was on the verge of a meltdown. Whilst Chris loaded the cases on I squeezed him and rubbed his back as this seems to help calm him sometimes. He did eventually relax bless him. Chris watched as the cases were weighed ... the 3 biggest were, 22.9kg, 22.8kg and 22.7kg I found it so amusing. The holdall was only 18kg but that wasn't bad considering it was mainly snacks and sweets All checked in we headed to the toilets and for a little look around the shops.

I wanted to grab some little items to do a reveal at Christmas for the kid's next trip, so I popped into the KSC and SeaWorld shop. I got them a bookmark each from SeaWorld and got them a pen each in KSC Chris entertained the kid's by taking photos

For some reason I didn't get photos of the pens

Next we decided to head through security, we didn't realise we could have used a special assistance line here until we seen the couple we had sat with on the way out and they said we could have used that line. Luckily the queue wasn't too bad anyway. I secretly hoped they wouldn't let us through anyone else do that?

Once through the kid's were hungry so we popped to Burger King, the queue was HUGE! Chris sat with the kids and I queued.

We had forgotten all about the french dip sandwiches, they were in one of the 3000 pieces of hang luggage we had ok it was only 5 but it felt like 3000!

The kid's shared nuggets and Chris and I got a burger. Chris wasn't keen on the philly cheese steak but I enjoyed both. The kid's enjoyed their nuggets too.

After this it was just gone 8pm and they were boarding. We headed to the special assistance queue and got settled on the plane. We had been allocated better seats this time, we were a 2 and a 3 infront. Noah and I sat behind just in case he kicked the seats at least it would only be Chris's

For some reason the flight was late taking off, I have in my notes 9.25pm but I can't remember much of it. What I do remember is just as we were taxiing from the gate Noah decided he needed the toilet and he couldn't hold it! One of the stewardesses accompanied us to the toilet quickly as they were doing the safety demo!

I can NEVER sleep on planes so I had my sleeping tablets at the ready. Chris has the same ones as me but a much lower dose and he doesn't like taking them but he said he would as he needed to be awake for the 2 1/2 hour drive home! So I popped out 2 tablets for him and 3 for me ... he then decided he didn't want to take them I wasn't having them going to waste so I took them (don't worry I didn't overdose, I have been prescribed this amount before but I found they made me feel awful on a morning). A guy from Hull ended up sat next to us, his wife and kids were elsewhere on the plane ... lucky him I pre warned him about Noah and apologised just in case and he said it was fine.

About 30 minutes after take off they came round with drinks. The stewardess absolutely loved Noah, she was in awe of him drinking just water he drank the cup of water before I was even given a drink so she offered to fill it up again and he said 'Yes please' she said how adorable he was and that he was a little treasure. Well Noah took it literally and said I'm not treasure I'm a boy Luckily I'd spoken to the stewardess earlier and had explained about his autism.

The next thing I remember is being woken up for food for Noah I took his food and gave it to him (they were bringing the kid's meals round first) but I could feel myself nodding off again. In the end Chris and I had to swap seats so I sat with Caitlin and Thomas and he sat with Noah. I fell asleep straight away and slept till about an hour before landing

Chris was a good trip reporter and took photos of his food for me (ahhh he's a good egg really)

It looks like it's seen better days no wonder he didn't like it Chicken and meatballs

We landed at around 9.40am ... I can't remember if this was on time, early or late

So there we have it the final day. I will do another post with the highs and lows. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for reading and commenting, it's taken a long time to write it all up (and has been a great procrastination from assignments what will I do now! ) but it's worth it if it even helps one person.

Steps: 13,154
Snacks: 0 USED – 0 LEFT
QS Credits:0 USED- 0 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 0 LEFT

Edited at 10:31 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh Kelly, I am SO sad this is over. It has been so lovely to follow your planning and your trip, I hope it was everything you hoped for. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

Thank you for posting, I also cry on the TE. It has been really lovely reading your trippie.
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report thanks for sharing x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh Kelly, I feel your pain. You. Will. Be. Back. I'm sure it isn't the end and you will have many more trips of fun and laughter and magic altogether.

A shame you couldn't fit in the soaps. I've still got some leftover from our trip as I took home loads they are in our downstairs toilet. I love seeing them! How mental is that?

Nipping into HS sounds like a fun morning, lovely to give away the balloon to a little girl.

The wait for your burgers is dreadful, what did they have to do? Go out and find a cow before they could cook the burger? Crikey, 30 minutes is ridiculous for quick service.

The Blaze pizza looks delicious as normal.

I have to say for someone who doesn't sleep well on planes you sure did a lot of sleeping well done to you!

So, the end of the trip report. In a way it's quite liberating. You have a couple of months until your next trip. You can focus on your assignments and the planning of the May holiday.

It's been absolutely brilliant following your pre trip plans with all the Disney movies in the summer holidays, doesn't that feel like a long time ago? Then through the dining report and the full trip report. I have really enjoyed reading about all your adventures. I cannot wait for the next one.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good last day doing a park and Disney Springs

Looking forward to reading your highs and lows

Joan
Old 17 Mar 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve really enjoyed reading along with your trip report.

Looked like a good last day, well, as good as last days can be.

Shame D-luxe burger didn’t quite live up to expectations. Possibly the combination of last day and the wait for it.

Thanks for sharing.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh Kelly, I am SO sad this is over. It has been so lovely to follow your planning and your trip, I hope it was everything you hoped for. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
I really didn't want to write it Collete but I finished my assignment so thought I'd treat myself and finish it before the next one Thank you so much for following and giving help and advice along the way, it's really meant alot and I appreciate it so much xx

Originally Posted by Mortie View Post
Thank you for posting, I also cry on the TE. It has been really lovely reading your trippie.
Thank you for reading. I am so glad it's not just me! When Chris realised I'd been crying I expected him telling me to get a grip but even he said I really don't want to leave either I'm glad you've enjoyed reading x

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great report thanks for sharing x
Thank you for reading x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Kelly, I feel your pain. You. Will. Be. Back. I'm sure it isn't the end and you will have many more trips of fun and laughter and magic altogether.

A shame you couldn't fit in the soaps. I've still got some leftover from our trip as I took home loads they are in our downstairs toilet. I love seeing them! How mental is that?

Nipping into HS sounds like a fun morning, lovely to give away the balloon to a little girl.

The wait for your burgers is dreadful, what did they have to do? Go out and find a cow before they could cook the burger? Crikey, 30 minutes is ridiculous for quick service.

The Blaze pizza looks delicious as normal.

I have to say for someone who doesn't sleep well on planes you sure did a lot of sleeping well done to you!

So, the end of the trip report. In a way it's quite liberating. You have a couple of months until your next trip. You can focus on your assignments and the planning of the May holiday.

It's been absolutely brilliant following your pre trip plans with all the Disney movies in the summer holidays, doesn't that feel like a long time ago? Then through the dining report and the full trip report. I have really enjoyed reading about all your adventures. I cannot wait for the next one.

Xx
Thank you so much for reading along always Abby and for all your fab advice, it really means a lot, not sure I'd have managed to complete it without everyone's encouragement!

That's where I wanted to put mine once the bathrooms finished ... hopefully by next weekend fingers crossed! I bet it brings back memories every time you see them.

Ideally I wanted to do MK but I knew we'd done a lot in MK and that the kid's would love SDD and TSM so those were the best choices for our last rides I think.

I was getting really cross with the burgers, I said similar to Chris and was getting really agitated, probably coz I knew it was eating into our time. I just felt the time we spent at D-Luxe we could have spent another 10 minutes and had a sit down meal!

Blaze was lovely, we wished we'd been sooner and it's definitely on the list for next time. We've actually found a pizza place at the Metrocentre called MOD Pizza and it tastes so much like Blaze! In fact I think Chris and I might be heading there on Friday for our pre night away meal If you have one nearby you must try it!

See the amazing powers of sleeping tablets, although I definitely wouldn't take that dose again, I felt like I was hungover when I woke up it was awful. I'll take them again next time but I won't as many

3 more assignments till Graduation! I can hardly believe it. When we booked the holiday I wasn't even at University! By the time I graduate in July we will have been twice! It's madness. Once mines over it'll be yours and Collette's turn, so you can both keep me going till the next time.

Thank you again for all your help and comments xx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good last day doing a park and Disney Springs

Looking forward to reading your highs and lows

Joan
It was a lovely last day, thank you for reading as always Joan xx

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading along with your trip report.

Looked like a good last day, well, as good as last days can be.

Shame D-luxe burger didn’t quite live up to expectations. Possibly the combination of last day and the wait for it.

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for reading along I really appreciate it and I can still keep some of the magic going by reading your report

Yeah we all know last days aren't the best, it's such an awful feeling on that day, I felt like I was on edge for most of the day. Everything I did that day I thought, this is the last time we'll ...

It is, I don't think we'd give it a go next time but maybe in the future and hopefully it'll be much quicker service xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Kelly well done on completing a very well written report, sounds like you had a fantastic time. Such a shame we didn't realise we were both in 1900 Park Fare at the same time! I have only just caught up as not been on here as much lately but now starting to plan for trip number 6 so really need to keep up to date on here. Well done again!
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It seems like forever since we were planning this trip! I've just made our ADRs for the next one
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List