Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Jun 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Ah, I feel your pale-white pain! If I'm lucky, I go a slightly darker shade of cream in a week.

Loved your round up of the dining plan, sounds like you guys definitely made the most of it.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Cinema seats look fab, I think we might need to go for a visit!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Your food at Bahama Breeze looks great and thank you for the cinema picture, we are fancying Spider-Man far from home there on the 4th July.

I really like the Rosen plaza, totally my hotel of choice on idrive. We’ve stayed there 3 times and every time been on the 14th floor, the views are awesome. Hoping for another 14th floor room this time ( need to send a request) .

Looking forward to the rest of your offsite food adventures.
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I love the sound of your choice from Bahama Breeze. Added to my list for next year!
That cinema does look very comfortable. I don’t tan either, nobody at work believes that I actually went to Florida for 3 weeks
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing your DP thoughts, it’s always so interesting to read everyone’s perspectives as we are all so different.

The Plaza looks fab, I am very uneducated regarding I-Drive accommodation and I thought the Rosens were all interchangeable!

Your meal at Bahama Breeze looks amazing! I have wanted to eat there for so long (I still don’t see us making it there this year).
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Oo that lobster sounds divine! Haven't been off site for ages so great to see both types of report 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thank you for sharing your DP thoughts, it’s always so interesting to read everyone’s perspectives as we are all so different.

The Plaza looks fab, I am very uneducated regarding I-Drive accommodation and I thought the Rosens were all interchangeable!

Your meal at Bahama Breeze looks amazing! I have wanted to eat there for so long (I still don’t see us making it there this year).
I think there's 3 or 4 Rosen Inns and then the Plaza, Centre and Shingle Creek- the latter 3 being a much higher standard of accomodation! We did the Inn last time, it was motel style and the pools etc aren't that nice. At the Plaza you get a lot of convention attendees so it was a bit smarter overall in terms of the hotel and the clientele.

You have my respect for making all those ADRs when doing DDxp- for the whole week I felt like I was nagging DH to hurry up so we didn't miss them!

You could do Bahama Breeze in the airport on the way home! I wish we'd gone so I could get the lobster again haha. But we'd already eaten elsewhere.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oo that lobster sounds divine! Haven't been off site for ages so great to see both types of report 👍
If you like lobster you have to go try it! So good. We do prefer the offsite dining I think.

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I love the sound of your choice from Bahama Breeze. Added to my list for next year!
That cinema does look very comfortable. I don’t tan either, nobody at work believes that I actually went to Florida for 3 weeks
I always think I've tanned a bit and then I look at photos and am like 'nope' lol. It doesn't help that DH can tan sat under a 40 watt bulb for an hour and makes me look even more pale next to him.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Your food at Bahama Breeze looks great and thank you for the cinema picture, we are fancying Spider-Man far from home there on the 4th July.

I really like the Rosen plaza, totally my hotel of choice on idrive. We’ve stayed there 3 times and every time been on the 14th floor, the views are awesome. Hoping for another 14th floor room this time ( need to send a request) .

Looking forward to the rest of your offsite food adventures.
Now I feel like I should sulk even more that DH wouldn't let us wait for the 14th floor room! We loved the hotel and would definitley return.

The cinema was amazing, sooo comfy! Next time maybe we'd skip dinner and just get food there too

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Cinema seats look fab, I think we might need to go for a visit!
The only danger is the seats are so comfy you might fall asleep during the film lol.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Ah, I feel your pale-white pain! If I'm lucky, I go a slightly darker shade of cream in a week.

Loved your round up of the dining plan, sounds like you guys definitely made the most of it.
I end up with extra freckles and no tan lol, curse you English rose genes! The dining plan was great, it did work really well for us.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Day 9

We dithered about what to do today, originally I'd thought we might go to the farmers market at Lake Eola but we changed our minds as it was a bit far in an Uber and the weather said rain on and off. DH still wanted some new trainers so we went to the Premium outlets at the top of IDrive instead.

For lunch we went to the food court, first off we shared a Five Guys as we wanted to see if it tasted the same as in the UK! We got a double bacon cheeseburger with onions, pickles and relish

Yes, exactley the same as in the UK. A little cheaper though.

We did a bit more shopping, DH eventually got 2 pairs of trainers in Reebok along with 2 sets of 6 socks for $90 which we thought was a really good deal. This was a combination of in store reductions, a $5 socks offer and a $20 off $100 coupon from a booklet obtained at guest services in the food court.

I don't think I bought anything except a tshirt in the Disney outlet.

We went back to the food court for some more food, this time we shared a teriyaki chicken from the Japanese place.

This was really good! Tender tasty chicken. They were handing out samples. It was raining on and off so we left after this, I think we managed a swim in the hotel after it cleared up.

For dinner we headed up to Citywalk, love it here and it brought back a lot of memories from our last trip! I'd intended to eat at one of the restaurants here but to be honest we'd spent more than intended so far and I was feeling a bit cheap. Does anyone else get to a point in the holiday where they are like 'oops, spent too much' and start cutting back a bit? Maybe you are all better at budgeting than me lol.

If anyones interested (and I know the spending money question comes up a lot), we took about £900 in $ which we used for tips at Disney, shopping, food offsite and a bit of food onsite the dining plan didn't cover. We also spent $260 in Disney Gift cards on some tips and god knows what else. We ended up adding about another £150 to the Fairfx card so we spent about £1050. The Ubers came off paypal seperatley, I added it up and we spent over $300. I guess when you compare that to hiring a car, petrol and parking its not too bad.

Anyway Citywalk! As I was feeling cheap we went to the food court, we never tried this when we stayed onsite at Universal before.

DH had a burrito from Mo's Southwest Grill

I had Panda Express, the option with 2 meats and noodles. I got this as a meal with a diet coke

I had wok fired prawns and I think it was called shanghai beef or something like that. The beef was a mistake as it was fried in batter and sweet, I don't like sweet chinese food so I fed most of it to DH. The prawns were delicious and I should have had two of them.

Afterwards we had a mooch around Citywalk, I was gutted they didn't have the Jurassic Park spirit jersey anywhere and we didn't have tickets to go into the park to get one. I'd not bought a Disney one on purpose as I wanted this

Then it was something I'd been wanting for ages, Voodoo donuts! As a donut obsessive I was really excited about this. We had to queue a little but only around 5 minutes. We took them back to the hotel.

We got a Voodoo Doll, Mango Tango, Universal Orange Creamsicle and a coconut chocolate. I didn't think the price was bad- the large ones were around $3 and the small around $1.50. Compared to the price of Krispy Kreme in the UK I'd much rather have these!

Favorite by far was the Voodoo doll- loads of soft delicious dough with a little jam filling. So good! The Mango Tango was a really interesting flavour, never had a mango donut before. The Orange creamsicle was too sickly with all the cream filling, we ended up squeezing it all out. The coconut chocolate was like a cake not a donut- still good, but if you want a donut donut be careful what you choose. We didn't eat them all at once!

And thats the end of day 9, sorry it wasn't particularly exciting! Day 10 is Seaworld (for a little while, anyway)... Florida Mall and Seito Sushi
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m loving the look of Bahama Breeze. In 10 trips we still haven’t got round to visiting. I’m putting it on the ‘must’ list for next July. Also fancy trying Voodoo doughnuts!
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Day 9

We dithered about what to do today, originally I'd thought we might go to the farmers market at Lake Eola but we changed our minds as it was a bit far in an Uber and the weather said rain on and off. DH still wanted some new trainers so we went to the Premium outlets at the top of IDrive instead.

For lunch we went to the food court, first off we shared a Five Guys as we wanted to see if it tasted the same as in the UK! We got a double bacon cheeseburger with onions, pickles and relish

Yes, exactley the same as in the UK. A little cheaper though.

We did a bit more shopping, DH eventually got 2 pairs of trainers in Reebok along with 2 sets of 6 socks for $90 which we thought was a really good deal. This was a combination of in store reductions, a $5 socks offer and a $20 off $100 coupon from a booklet obtained at guest services in the food court.

I don't think I bought anything except a tshirt in the Disney outlet.

We went back to the food court for some more food, this time we shared a teriyaki chicken from the Japanese place.

This was really good! Tender tasty chicken. They were handing out samples. It was raining on and off so we left after this, I think we managed a swim in the hotel after it cleared up.

For dinner we headed up to Citywalk, love it here and it brought back a lot of memories from our last trip! I'd intended to eat at one of the restaurants here but to be honest we'd spent more than intended so far and I was feeling a bit cheap. Does anyone else get to a point in the holiday where they are like 'oops, spent too much' and start cutting back a bit? Maybe you are all better at budgeting than me lol.

If anyones interested (and I know the spending money question comes up a lot), we took about £900 in $ which we used for tips at Disney, shopping, food offsite and a bit of food onsite the dining plan didn't cover. We also spent $260 in Disney Gift cards on some tips and god knows what else. We ended up adding about another £150 to the Fairfx card so we spent about £1050. The Ubers came off paypal seperatley, I added it up and we spent over $300. I guess when you compare that to hiring a car, petrol and parking its not too bad.

Anyway Citywalk! As I was feeling cheap we went to the food court, we never tried this when we stayed onsite at Universal before.

DH had a burrito from Mo's Southwest Grill

I had Panda Express, the option with 2 meats and noodles. I got this as a meal with a diet coke

I had wok fired prawns and I think it was called shanghai beef or something like that. The beef was a mistake as it was fried in batter and sweet, I don't like sweet chinese food so I fed most of it to DH. The prawns were delicious and I should have had two of them.

Afterwards we had a mooch around Citywalk, I was gutted they didn't have the Jurassic Park spirit jersey anywhere and we didn't have tickets to go into the park to get one. I'd not bought a Disney one on purpose as I wanted this

Then it was something I'd been wanting for ages, Voodoo donuts! As a donut obsessive I was really excited about this. We had to queue a little but only around 5 minutes. We took them back to the hotel.

We got a Voodoo Doll, Mango Tango, Universal Orange Creamsicle and a coconut chocolate. I didn't think the price was bad- the large ones were around $3 and the small around $1.50. Compared to the price of Krispy Kreme in the UK I'd much rather have these!

Favorite by far was the Voodoo doll- loads of soft delicious dough with a little jam filling. So good! The Mango Tango was a really interesting flavour, never had a mango donut before. The Orange creamsicle was too sickly with all the cream filling, we ended up squeezing it all out. The coconut chocolate was like a cake not a donut- still good, but if you want a donut donut be careful what you choose. We didn't eat them all at once!

And thats the end of day 9, sorry it wasn't particularly exciting! Day 10 is Seaworld (for a little while, anyway)... Florida Mall and Seito Sushi
Voodoo donuts and panda express def on my list to try when we are at Universal this year - I am the person that likes the sweet sticky beef so all good for me 😂😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List