Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Day 7- Epcot

After that we did Figment because we wanted to experience what someone on acid would see, and then I think that was it ride-wise for that day.
This made me laugh a lot.

And if you are immature re Woodys lunchbox then so am I!

Great report so far, thank you!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Your lobster meal at bahama breeze looks gorgeous.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Your lobster meal at bahama breeze looks gorgeous.
It was so good! Probably the best meal I had but I'm a bit biased as I love lobster.

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
This made me laugh a lot.

And if you are immature re Woodys lunchbox then so am I!

Great report so far, thank you!
Hah glad it isn't only me thats immature! Just don't google 'creepy woody' or you'll never be able to look at him the same lol.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Voodoo donuts and panda express def on my list to try when we are at Universal this year - I am the person that likes the sweet sticky beef so all good for me 😂😂
DH liked the beef so its just me being fussy, I'm sure you'll like it! Definitley get the voodoo doll donut along with whatever else you choose, it was so good.

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
I’m loving the look of Bahama Breeze. In 10 trips we still haven’t got round to visiting. I’m putting it on the ‘must’ list for next July. Also fancy trying Voodoo doughnuts!
We love Bahama Breeze but staying around the Pointe on IDrive its very convenient! There's so many places to eat in Orlando you'd never make it them all (but I can try... lol)
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report. I agree with you about the mini cans at Cool Spot. I bet loads of people would buy them for people at home.
I love the watermelon soda, can't remember which country that's from. 😊
We've never tried 4 Rivers Cantina truck, will have to see if we can try it next month.
Voodoo donuts is also on our list of places to try next month.
Shame you didn't get your sweatshirt!
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Day 10

This was a bit of a weird one. It felt like a wasted day in the end and I regretted some of our choices, but the weather really made things difficult. At least we had some pretty good food!

After two off days we were ready for some more theme park action! The plan today was Seaworld, with a priority on riding Infinity Falls as it was new since our last visit. We got there at 10 for opening, and for some reason they block off the easiest path to get to Infinity Falls, so we walked allll the way around- only to find out the whole area with Mako/Falls in doesn't open until 11! Um, WHY Seaworld?!

So instead we rode Kraken which I really didn't want to as it made me super sick last time. Really enojoyed it this time though so glad we did. Also did Journey to Atlantis twice- I'm sure I'm not allowed to say this on here but its so much better than Splash Mountain *hides*

Headed back to Infinity falls for 11, and of course the bloomin rain rolled in! So it didn't open. Then the thunder started so everything shut- Seaworld is not a good park for wet days. I think the only rides that remain open are Antarctica and Wild Arctic. Attempting to wait it out we got some food from the new Waterway grill next to Falls.

We shared a chimmchurri steak with rice and beans, and a side of plantains (yes yet more plantains)

This was okay and kind of pricey, I think around $20 for both.

The rain just kept going and going and they did an announcement saying the park would close early so we just left. At a loss of what to do, we traumitised an Uber driver by getting into his car soaking wet and went off to the Florida Mall. When we got there we saw a Shake Shack and as we'd shared an early lunch decided it was time to try it!

I wasn't super hungry so got a hot dog with cheese

DH got a double smoke shack which has cheese, bacon and peppers in with shack sauce which he let me have a couple of bites of

The hot dog was fine, the burger was SO GOOD. Honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had. Soooo juicy, maybe just bordering on greasy but omg so good. It was $15 for both.

DH also went back and got a shake, I think he got a salted caramel or something. Milkshake is on the long and weird list of things I don't eat so can't say but I'm pretty sure this was good. I think it was around $5.

However, the shake was a big mistake. We were soaking wet and the temperature outside had dropped 10c since the rain started. Then we went into the cold, air conditioned mall and DH drank a large, very cold milkshake. So suddenly we were both freezing cold!

We went in search of coffee and ended up at the food court, where, can you believe it we found a little coffee shop that had a real fire inside!

Could you ever imagine warming yourself beside a roaring fire in Florida, lol. Such a weird day. We shared a filter coffee because I'm cheap like that and it was free refills. It was around $3 I think.

The mall was a bit of a waste as I don't think we ended up buying anything. We weren't really in the mood for shopping or spending any money so we should have thought of a different rainy day activity. But I guess we discovered Shake Shack so not a total waste (even though there is one on IDrive... which perhaps we paid a visit to later!)

When we got out it was still raining hard- the day was a total washout activity wise which I got quite bummed about at the time, but what can you do. Next time I'd put more effort into researching rainy day activities- although some will tell you it only ever rains for an hour in Orlando. Nope, two trips down and two total wash out days!

For dinner we headed to an old favorite, Seito Sushi just off IDrive. We went here last trip on a whim and LOVED it so it was the number 1 place DH wanted to go back to.

Apologies the first pictures are a little dark- they have mood lighting in there and because I'm super smart I only thought to turn on the flash when the mains came.

To start we shared some fried beef gyoza

And DH had a spicy tuna kobachi, which he asked for less spicy. This was essentially a bowl of raw tuna with some seasoning which made him a very happy boy, but gets an ewww from me.

For mains I had Wagyu beef yakisoba- Thinly sliced wagyu bulgogi beef / soy-sesame-ginger blend / stir fried with egg noodles

This was really good, the sauce was delicious. However it didn't quite live up to the shrimp noodle dish I had last visit (no longer on the menu) which was out of this world good.

DH had Tonkotsu Ramen-
Seito’s house tonkotsu broth / braised pork belly / enoki mushrooms / bamboo shoots / naruto / Lake Meadow Naturals soft boiled egg / fresh noodles

Doesn't look very nice in the picture but I tasted the broth and it was the most rich and flavourful ramen I have ever tasted. He loved it.

The meal was around $75 and we only had waters so with cocktails you could easily be pushing $100 for two here, but it was worth it as everything is delicious and fresh. I'm sure we'll be back everytime we're in Orlando.

We had a wander round Whole Foods next door which is always a fun experience and then used their wifi to Uber back to the hotel. Voodoo donuts were had for dessert!

Again sorry it wasn't a very interesting park day or anything- we are back on track tomorrow! Next up, Discovery Cove and Giordanos Pizza.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Great report. I agree with you about the mini cans at Cool Spot. I bet loads of people would buy them for people at home.
I love the watermelon soda, can't remember which country that's from. 😊
We've never tried 4 Rivers Cantina truck, will have to see if we can try it next month.
Voodoo donuts is also on our list of places to try next month.
Shame you didn't get your sweatshirt!
Thank you! I know, if they sold sets of mini cans or even large cans of each soda they would be so popular. We liked the watermelon one too, and weirdly the Japanese vegetable one.

Maybe I got my JP spirit jersey later on... *suspense noise*
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Did you manage to go back to sea world?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Did you manage to go back to sea world?
We did! But it wasn't hugely successful that time either
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We did! But it wasn't hugely successful that time either
Urgh that’s what worries me the most when spend lot of money and then weather messes it up.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Urgh that’s what worries me the most when spend lot of money and then weather messes it up.
I know, especially when you go during a month that is supposed to be mostly dry! But last trip we went to SW and it rained so I'm convinced it's us jinxing it now lol.

The second Seaworld day I will cover, but it was actually 5th grade school trips and rides being down that made that visit a fail. I've not talked about it yet but honestly the school trips were so bad I don't think we'd go in May again.