Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We loved it, can sit in a two rather than share with others (although the airbuses are in pairs in economy now) the cabin is much smaller, seats are comfy, enjoyed getting on first and having a drink while you wait to take off, food was decent, one of the first off the plane, the staff were amazing they really went above and beyond for us on wedding flight last year (took us into upper for champagne at the bar and gave us a hamper)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
Hi
We have re booked and this time virgin premium economy both ways
we have never been premium as theres six of us,
whats it like etc
Im beyond excited
What date and where from ? £750 each return is very cheap.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

We love PE and your price seems great. I agree with other posts,you wont want to go back to econ. We made the mistake once of flying Upper Class and the pain on our next flight in Economy!
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

I love PE, in fact, on the outbound flight, I think I prefer it over Upper! Inbound though, Upper wins hands down.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
What date and where from ? £750 each return is very cheap.
Manchester 19th nov return 11th dec
There’s eight of us booked
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
It’s great! You’ll never fly economy again!
You are still flying Economy, the hint is in the name "Premium Economy"

To be fair though PE is more spacious than Economy and you get more baggage allowance, if it's only about £200 more than the equivalent Economy price I'd say it's worth the uplift otherwise I don't think the added price is matched by the difference
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have to say the value v comfort for us is American Airlines main cabin extra, it is an enhanced economy but not premium, you sit in a small cabin at the front you have the same seat as ecomony same food but more legroom and served first as well as the small cabin and more space in bins. I think it works a out about £80 - £120 each way. I know some people think it expensive but the only thing I want is more space and this is the difference between me sleeping and effectively getting an additional day on holiday and recovering quicker on the way homes.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve only ever flown PE on the 747 so I’m not sure what it’s like on the new planes.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

That is a great price. I will never fly economy again, I would rather wait longer and fly PE. As I always say, everyone is different, so I’m sure people will disagree with me here, and ultimately only you will know after flying if it is worth the cost to you, but...

I love the smaller and quieter cabin, the extra legroom, wider seats, the headroom space for my onboard luggage (I don’t bring much at all, just a singular bag but when I have been in economy I always find the overhead bin next to my seat is already full! ) more personalised service as crew have less people to attend to! I always enjoy plane food, but PE is definitely nicer than economy. First off plane, first to collect luggage (most of the time). There are so many pros!

Most would say it’s just a tin can and you all get to the same place, but I love flying and it’s part of the holiday for us. So it’s worth it to do it properly!
Old 24 May 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Thing is on the new A350 PE is only about an inch wider seats than economy at 18.5 inch. The A330-200 is only 18 inch. With fixed armrests that makes the seats more of a squeeze than economy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List