Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 31 May 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile Never fail banana bread

Hello,

I’ve tried tirelessly to make a nice banana bread/loaf but every time it’s raw in the middle and burns on the outside. I’ve tried baking it at a lower heat and still no success.

Does anyone have a fail safe recipe they could share!?

Thank you.
dreamingdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Due to my error with Click and Collect shopping I have a glut of bananas so I'm following this. Mind you banana ice cream looks a good option too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Made 2 today. For some reason I have this down to a fine art. Always follow recipe from BBC Good Food. I do not do the icing and banana chips on the top but I do add a teaspoon of cinnamon, mixed spice and ground nutmeg. Love banana bread.
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

bbc/food/recipes/bananabread_85720

This is my go to recipe 🙂
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirstya1973 View Post
Made 2 today. For some reason I have this down to a fine art. Always follow recipe from BBC Good Food. I do not do the icing and banana chips on the top but I do add a teaspoon of cinnamon, mixed spice and ground nutmeg. Love banana bread.
I made this one too minus the banana chips. It turned out lovely but the baking time took about 10 minutes longer and possibly 15minutes longer would have been ideal.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I like one for a slightly heathy version except I do half honey half dark brown sugar.
What tin are you using? I use a 2lb steel loaf tin lined with baking parchment.

cookieandkate/healthy-banana-bread-recipe/
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I always use this recipe
bbcgoodfood/user/187...pe/banana-loaf

Always turns out amazing, I swap out the 100g of walnuts for either chocolate chips or mini Reese’s cups 😋
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
Hello,

I’ve tried tirelessly to make a nice banana bread/loaf but every time it’s raw in the middle and burns on the outside. I’ve tried baking it at a lower heat and still no success.

Does anyone have a fail safe
recipe they could share!?

Thank you.
This always happens to me too
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

last week my neighbour gave me a banana loaf she had made as she had too many ripe bananas - my god it was lovely ! It didn't last long in our house- we want to try and make our own too but struggling getting hold of any flour still!
Old 31 May 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Try a piece of tin foil over to stop burning.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List