Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile Disney and Las Vegas - has anyone done this?

My fiancé wants to go to Las Vegas next year for his 30th birthday and I would love to go back to Disney as haven’t been for four years and he’s never been. I was wondering if anyone has combined the two?

I was thinking 4 nights in Vegas and 10 nights at Disney but not sure if it will work out far too expensive and too busy?

Grateful for any advice
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Four nights in Vegas probably isn't quite enough, would you be visiting Disney in LA or Orlando?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Do you mean WDW ... or Disneyland California ?
I assumed you meant Florida as you are in the Florida planning forum ... and yes you can fly direct between Orlando and Las Vegas reasonably so it's very do able. Sensible way to do it would be open jaw flights so fly into LaVegas and out of Orlando so you are only paying for one domestic flight on top rather than have it in the middle of the trip.
Otherwise DL might give you a new type of Disney fix ,you can either fly or drive between the two. Again you could fly into Vegas and out of LA rather than double back.

EDIT I agree four nights isn't enough for Vegas

Edited at 01:05 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks both. Yes, thinking Florida. I was anticipating flying to Orlando first for Disney then onto Vegas before flying home from Vegas to London. Any tips of where to book flights? And how long would you recommend for Vegas?
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If you want to include the Grand Canyon... and it'd be a shame to go all that way and not ... at least 5 nights.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did 11 nights in disney Florida and flew to Vegas for 4 nights, it was brilliant. We managed to do the grand canyon and lots of major sites in 4 nights.
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

I've flown from Orlando to Las Vegas with Frontier airlines - great flight and took around 5 hours. I'd say 5 nights in Las Vegas is a good amount of time, and agree with the above comment that it'd be a shame to miss the Grand Canyon when you've gone all that way!
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kat90
VIP Dibber

We did pretty much this exact holiday in November 2015. We did 4 nights in Las Vegas, 1 night in Phoenix as we visited the Grand Canyon (which we never actually go to because of the snow). It was quicker to drive to Phoenix from the Grand Canyon and fly to Orlando from there than drive back to Vegas, but there were flights from Vegas to Orlando. We then did 10 nights in Orlando.

Depending on what you are planning on doing in Vegas, I think 4 nights is plenty. We did a day trip to the Hoover Dam which I highly recommend! It's only about an hour's drive, and after visiting all the hotels in Vegas which we did in 1 1/2 days there wasn't much left for us to do. Maybe it just wasn't our kind of place.

We flew from Manchester with Thomas Cook into Las Vegas then home from Orlando, you can book multi-city flights on there website. Also have a look at multi-city flights on Skyscanner, it's great for finding good deals on flights. Internal flights in the US are super cheap, we flew with Southwest and it was all really easy and you could check in two bags each with was great!

I think we paid about £600 each for our main flights, about £90 each for our internal flight, £300 total for 4 nights in Vegas, £80 total for one night in Phoenix, and £400 total for 10 nights in Orlando. So just over £1000 each for everything.

Hope this helps, and you should definitely do it! We had the most amazing time!
kat90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kat90 View Post
I think we paid about £600 each for our main flights, about £90 each for our internal flight, £300 total for 4 nights in Vegas, £80 total for one night in Phoenix, and £400 total for 10 nights in Orlando. So just over £1000 each for everything.

Hope this helps, and you should definitely do it! We had the most amazing time!
Thanks for that, very helpful. Where did you stay in Orlando?
Old 7 Jun 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kat90
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillieMoo23 View Post
Thanks for that, very helpful. Where did you stay in Orlando?
We stayed at the Best Western on International Drive. It was OK but stayed at the Rosen Inn at Pointe the following year and this was much better. It’s around the same price too, you can get the Rosen for about £45 a night.
kat90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List