Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Has anyone spent Christmas at WDW?

Has anyone spent christmas at Walt Disney World?

I was thinking of going out on 20 Dec and Back 28th.

How is it, is this a good time to go?
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We've been over Xmas/NY seven or maybe eight times. Atmosphere and decorations etc in an around parks is great, it's packed though. On Xmas day for example we would normally do 3 or 4 hours in MK, lunch at GF Cafe, chill in the afternoon then dinner at Cali Grill. After missing it for 3 years we've booked for 23/12 to 6/1 and are really looking forward to it.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Many times. Extraordinarily busy beyond anything you can imagine.

Weather can be dodgy but also can be lovely.

Despite that it’s magical.
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gilmouad
Excited about Disney

gilmouad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been over Xmas. It was the busiest I’ve experienced in the parks with them limiting guests from 12pm.

If you are happy to get up early most days and leave at lunch it’s great.

One thing however, I felt personally hearing all the Xmas songs that I hear at home took me out of the bubble you should be in at Disney.

On the whole though it’s still very good.
gilmouad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

It is one of our favourite trips! It was busy and our expectations were low ... we went in thinking our 3 FP+ rides and a mooch around the parks. But we took advantage of EMH and were up early everyday and got on plenty. We didn’t stay much past noon and when we did it was just a slow wander out of the park, before going back in the evening. We enjoyed it that much it is something we want to do again.
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Yes we did, in 2018/2019! I did a full trip report on it, it's linked in my signature below in case you want to see exactly how we handled it!

The parks are definitely busy. But we absolutely loved our time there, and we all found it very manageable as long as you just plan a bit in advance: make sure you have your fastpasses and don't count on doing too much aside from those, book your meals for the busiest days (I'd recommend Dec 25 and 26, and definitely Dec 31 as well if you were staying that long), and just keep in mind that with things being busy, everything will take a little longer. From transportation to simply walking to a ride in the parks - it'll take away a lot of annoyance if you just calculate that in. That's what we did, so the crowds didn't bother us - we expected them and made sure we weren't running late for anything by leaving in plenty of time where we could.

I wouldn't hesitate to go at that time of the year again, especially if I got a good deal or couldn't travel in other weeks! My whole family agreed it was the best and most special Christmas ever!

Edited at 09:12 AM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did in 2016! Found it fairly quiet before Christmas Eve... after that it was chaos in the parks! 3/4 hour waits at the big rides at universal a couple of days after Christmas! It was lovely though so magical- we had a villa so managed to cook a Christmas dinner and enjoy a normalish Christmas Day! We went for a walk round celebration in the morning- it was fab.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Universal on Christmas day was a dream. 2 days, later it was rammed 😂
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
We have done it - but not since 2004 - so a long time ago.

The decorations and atmosphere in the parks is truly something else. We visited Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve and it was just pure magic. They made it snow on Main Street. It was amazing. We also spent NYE at Epcot which, to this day, remains my best NYE ever. We ate dinner in Alfredo's in Italy, and celebrated Italian New Year, then British New Year (the whole restaurant sang 'God save the queen' to our table - it was bizarre! ), and then American NY. Illuminations was just epic (it was an "extended edition").

We always got into the parks but both Epcot and MK closed due to capacity while we were there on Xmas Eve/27th December and NYE. I imagine that can be extended now to the entire two weeks over Christmas! Queues were really long, but we were able to make use of the "old" FP system then so the main rides weren't too bad.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We are off this year and it's really good to read some of these positive comments - gives us something to look forward to
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List