Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 May 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Air Canada Shifted My Flights Again

Well Air Canada shifted my flights to LA via Toronto to Heathrow instead of from Manchester.

Refused to give me my money back so I’ve put in a credit card claim.

Anyway early this morning suddenly I’ve got flights MAN- Brussels- Montreal- LA. Coming back MCO (always coming back from Orlando)- Toronto- Brussels- MAN. Only downside is flight arrives in LA late (21:45 local) but coming back it lands MAN earlier at 9 am.

Call me a sceptic but I’m wondering if they have done this to try and get around my credit card claim.

I’d already cancelled my Disneyland tickets but still have my Grand Californian booked (suppose could buy tickets again) as well as Copper Creek at the end.

I can’t see this trip coming off. I also have an internal flight and am stopping in multiple states including places like New Orleans.

So have no idea now how all this will work out.

My worry is the DVC cancellation, I’m going to have to make a decision on that 30 days out so as not to lose all those points and be able to bank them. We may have a situation where it’s open but we can’t get there but don’t find out until sub 30 days.

I don’t know if DVC would make any exception.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. I have been following your Air Canada thread and they haven't covered themselves in glory have they.
Most weird what they are now doing and I suspect you are correct ref the credit card claim galvanizing them.

Reference DVC we have the same issue with our mid August trip but with a July 31st banking deadline. That's when we have to make the decision to pull it or chance it.

However good news. I have just had an E Mail to tell me I can do online check in for our 1.00pm flight today.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. I have been following your Air Canada thread and they haven't covered themselves in glory have they.
Most weird what they are now doing and I suspect you are correct ref the credit card claim galvanizing them.

Reference DVC we have the same issue with our mid August trip but with a July 31st banking deadline. That's when we have to make the decision to pull it or chance it.

However good news. I have just had an E Mail to tell me I can do online check in for our 1.00pm flight today.
Yes I’ve just been looking at the Irish roadmap and see they are not going to allow international travel until their schools are back- suspect we will see the same to avoid all families piling abroad.
I’d hold off on that online check in Tom, it may trigger advanced passenger info being sent and maybe cancellation of the Esta as previously reported on here? I asked the question the other day- what happens then? No one knows I don’t think.
I’m now getting slightly more optimistic for the December trip.
Old 2 May 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you think they have done it to avoid your claim (which - I am a cynic too - seems possible!) or is it just that so many flights are being cancelled wholesale they are simply piecing your trip back together with what’s left available?

We came back from the States once via BRU into MAN and the flight was one of the better ones I’ve had in economy!
Old 2 May 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a nightmare for you

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Do you think they have done it to avoid your claim (which - I am a cynic too - seems possible!) or is it just that so many flights are being cancelled wholesale they are simply piecing your trip back together with what’s left available?

We came back from the States once via BRU into MAN and the flight was one of the better ones I’ve had in economy!
Well they’d shifted me to the Heathrow flight now back here so suspect it’s in response to the claim as yesterday I was chasing up with AMEX but I don’t know for sure.
Old 2 May 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Well they’d shifted me to the Heathrow flight now back here so suspect it’s in response to the claim as yesterday I was chasing up with AMEX but I don’t know for sure.
Timing is a bit of a coincidence!
Old 2 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You're really getting the runaround from them and they're behaving in a totally underhand manner with your flights. Even if you still want to go it would be hard to trust their new flight offer.

Hope you get something sorted.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
You're really getting the runaround from them and they're behaving in a totally underhand manner with your flights. Even if you still want to go it would be hard to trust their new flight offer.

Hope you get something sorted.
You are right, trust has totally gone here.

The holiday itself is now problematic, for example we arrive in LA and fly out of MCO. We had a 4 hour flight Vegas to New Orleans in that- what happens if that’s not on? How would we get to MCO etc. First world problems and I am sure I will eventually figure it all out but I wish the UK government would just give a realistic FCO guidance and have done with it as this is leaving holiday makers in a sticky situation.
Old 3 May 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You are right, trust has totally gone here.

The holiday itself is now problematic, for example we arrive in LA and fly out of MCO. We had a 4 hour flight Vegas to New Orleans in that- what happens if that’s not on? How would we get to MCO etc. First world problems and I am sure I will eventually figure it all out but I wish the UK government would just give a realistic FCO guidance and have done with it as this is leaving holiday makers in a sticky situation.
I think it’s especially difficult in this sort of situation. Hopefully flights will be - if not back to normal - at least higher in volume to give a better chance of getting from A to B. With so many cancellations if you have connecting or itineraries moving from place to place it could be a pain (I hope not).

My friend has been trying to get home (UK) from Texas (he works there) for a few weeks and flights that were supposed to be going kept getting cancelled.