Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Anyone rented out their points through Davids?

Can't see us going back next year so we are looking at renting out our points.

Has anyone used Davids VCR and if so is it easy enough to do?
Old 4 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We have.

It was very easy. Put the offer out to them, they matched us with a buyer within 24 hours. We made the booking with the details supplied, 70% of cash arrived via Paypal within the day.

Other 30% was received on the day of checkin.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes very easy most of mine went same day. Just reply to a couple of emails.
Old 4 May 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As the others mine were rented within 48 hours and money transferred.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all. I have put them up tonight.
Do you know if I should have any email confirmation from them to acknowledge me submitting the info etc.

Thanks
Old 6 May 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Thank you all. I have put them up tonight.
Do you know if I should have any email confirmation from them to acknowledge me submitting the info etc.

Thanks
They send you an email ‘contract’ and instructions. Then you need to keep an eye on your emails as you have to act quickly- they’ll send one out saying they’ve checked availability and book x property for y nights. Then you send them the confirmation and they send you 70%
Old 7 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Westhamtillidie
Earning More Ears

I rented out my 600 points late last year, no problems they all went very quickly, however due to the current crisis it is getting a bit messy with cancellations, you are safe though as the contract you have with them means that you are not liable for refunds, etc, but maybe need to rebook some of the reservations.
Westhamtillidie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Westhamtillidie View Post
I rented out my 600 points late last year, no problems they all went very quickly, however due to the current crisis it is getting a bit messy with cancellations, you are safe though as the contract you have with them means that you are not liable for refunds, etc, but maybe need to rebook some of the reservations.
Westhamtillidie makes a good point and highlights the need to rebook their guest due the current climate. Consequently it's worth considering bookings that are within the early months of the start of your Use-Year and certainly not after your banking deadline. Gives you a little more flexibility if dates have to be moved or you need to cancel and bank your points.

Good luck
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

I have rented points out with David’s and it has always been a very smooth process and my points have always rented quickly. I currently have one guest affected by the closure and I am working with David’s to re-rent the points to give the guest a travel credit. I wasn’t required to refund.

Moving forward however, the agreement has changed with regard to refunding. Clause 10 has now been added which requires an owner to refund David’s in the event of a force majeure. I would probably still use David’s but be careful as to ‘putting aside’ the 70% payment until the guest had checked in.

The new clause is below:

In the event of a Force Majeure (as defined in this paragraph), each party shall be excused from any future performance of obligations under this agreement; provided, however that if Intermediary has paid 70% of the funds collected for the reservation from Guest to DVC Owner pursuant to 4(f) of this Agreement, DVC Owner will return to Intermediary the full amount it has already received from Intermediary, as soon as is reasonably possible after the conditions(s) constituting the Force Majeure event is/are notified by Intermediary to DVC Owner. A Force Majeure is an event beyond the Intermediary’s reasonable control which renders performance of a rental reservation with respect to DVC Owner’s rented points impossible or substantially impaired, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, embargoes, war, riot, epidemic, pandemic, natural disaster, governmental order restrictions and Disney Vacation Club closures or cancellation of reservations.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Westhamtillidie makes a good point and highlights the need to rebook their guest due the current climate. Consequently it's worth considering bookings that are within the early months of the start of your Use-Year and certainly not after your banking deadline. Gives you a little more flexibility if dates have to be moved or you need to cancel and bank your points.

Good luck
Thank you. The points we have put up can’t be banked as they were for the trip we should be on now. So 2019 points but, now, have until June 2021 to be used.