Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Mar 23, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
A quick travel tip , do not sit on the harbour in Vancouver eating a bap , you may or not get an overhead present from a seagull on the only pair of jeans you brought with you...
I haven’t a clue what we will be doing in Vancouver… other than an NHL Hockey Match. We are obviously really looking forward to that, Vancouver v LA.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 23, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m so looking forward to this, I have my first ever trip booked to Hawaii for this July, so far only have flights and last two nights hotel. I’m looking to stay in Waikiki for the first 4 nights, am wanting a car to do some touring but the hotel car park and resort fees are eye wateringly expensive. Are you not having a car for your first few days?
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 23, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
I’m so looking forward to this, I have my first ever trip booked to Hawaii for this July, so far only have flights and last two nights hotel. I’m looking to stay in Waikiki for the first 4 nights, am wanting a car to do some touring but the hotel car park and resort fees are eye wateringly expensive. Are you not having a car for your first few days?
My pre trip linked to this and through my signature may be of help to you.

We are not picking up our car until the day that we leave Waikiki Beach and return it to Waikiki, rather than the Airport on the day that we leave. Buses are very cheap and in addition we saved a lot of money on the hire.

Top tip in your planning.. have a look at a ‘Go Oahu’ ticket. In our case, buying a 7 day has covered practically everything that we intend doing, other than the Horse ride.

The thing that we agonised most over was our Waikiki Hotel, wanting an Ocean View, a Balcony, Complimentary Breakfast and no mini kitchen in the same room as our Bed.. as well as a sensible price. That is a difficult combination.
We were also well aware that there are licensing issues with many Airbnb’s and similar on Oahu.. so we stayed clear of them.

Prices? You are looking at £250 a night plus for anything half decent.

Any questions and you only need ask.

That for me is what the DIBB is all about.. an exchange (or gathering) of information.

Edited at 08:40 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 23, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I nearly forgot… Single digit dance!

🚌✈️🇨🇦✈️🏄✈️🇺🇸✈️🚄 home again.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
Old 10 Mar 23, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Following with interest, for our return trip with children in a few years to Hawaii and possibly West Coast.

Have a safe journey and an amazing trip.
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 23, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by UK-KIRK View Post
Following with interest, for our return trip with children in a few years to Hawaii and possibly West Coast.

Have a safe journey and an amazing trip.
Thankyou, Kirk.

This is the second of our vacations without the boys (who at 16 and 20 can make their own entertainment). The previous was in Oct Nov 2022 and was a West Coast SFO, Monterey, PCH, SL Obispo, plus inland to Barstow, Vegas, Hoover Dam, G Canyon, Winslow, Tucson, Tombstone and then back to the Coast at San Diego, an awesome trip in a Mustang Convertible.

We would not have considered Hawaii with the boys.. and like you, we patiently waited until we could go solo.

Old 15 Mar 23, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Very interested in this as I spend lots of time in Vancouver as my son lives there, and in Oct I may be doing something similar except staying in Van and then going to Hawaii the big Island rather than Oahu as I’ve been there a few times.
Seattle I went to last year.
If you like sculptures and have a couple of hours to spare in Seattle the Chihuly Gardens full of huge gorgeous glass instillations is well worth a visit. It’s very quick to get to from anywhere in Seattle.
Old 15 Mar 23, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Very interested in this as I spend lots of time in Vancouver as my son lives there, and in Oct I may be doing something similar except staying in Van and then going to Hawaii the big Island rather than Oahu as I’ve been there a few times.
Seattle I went to last year.
If you like sculptures and have a couple of hours to spare in Seattle the Chihuly Gardens full of huge gorgeous glass instillations is well worth a visit. It’s very quick to get to from anywhere in Seattle.
The Vancouver bit?
Bill and Jen live a little South at White City and have been resident in the Vancouver area for I guess, 25-30 years. From what I can gather, we are going park walking, taking a walk over a bridge that is comparable to Capiliano, but free.

We are going to watch Vancouver v LA in an NHL Hockey match (really excited on that) and a few other bits and bobs.

Seattle? That is under our own steam.
The glass? Yes.
The Rock Culture Museum? Yes.
The Space Needle? Only if a clear day.
The Museum of Flight (Boeing museum)? Most certainly.

Hawaii? Well, we have never been before, but think that we have a pretty balanced, single Island itinerary.
Whale watching? Little point as we have seen an awful lot of Humpbacks as recently as Nov 2022 and I understand that these are the only great Whales we are likely to see.

Old 15 Mar 23, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The Vancouver bit?
Bill and Jen live a little South at White City and have been resident in the Vancouver area for I guess, 25-30 years. From what I can gather, we are going park walking, taking a walk over a bridge that is comparable to Capiliano, but free.

We are going to watch Vancouver v LA in an NHL Hockey match (really excited on that) and a few other bits and bobs.

Seattle? That is under our own steam.
The glass? Yes.
The Rock Culture Museum? Yes.
The Space Needle? Only if a clear day.
The Museum of Flight (Boeing museum)? Most certainly.

Hawaii? Well, we have never been before, but think that we have a pretty balanced, single Island itinerary.
Whale watching? Little point as we have seen an awful lot of Humpbacks as recently as Nov 2022 and I understand that these are the only great Whales we are likely to see.
In Van the little wobbly free bridge might be at Lynn Canyon. I’ve also seen a Canucks Game in Van. That was wild! Very exciting but it looked so dangerous ha ha!
Old 15 Mar 23, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I haven’t a clue what we will be doing in Vancouver… other than an NHL Hockey Match. We are obviously really looking forward to that, Vancouver v LA.
We really enjoyed a trip up Grouse Mountain. You can catch a ferry across the bay and there is a bus waiting to take you to the base where you can take the gondola up the mountain (or climb!). I can’t remember the costs as it was quite a few years ago but it was a fraction of the cost of any organised tour. There are brilliant views from up there.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List