Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jan 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

My Disney experience site and virgin questions

It's been a few years since I've been to Disney and have a few questions if anyone can help
On the my Disney experience website, when is it that your booking links to this I'm traveling With virgin holiday? How long is it before you can book your seats on virgin Atlantic, I'm sure it used to be 11 months before the day after your return date is this correct? Please help
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Need help 🙁🔼🔼🔼
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Sorry can't help with the mde question. Although I think I read someone else mentioning needing a reference from virgin to add the booking?

You are correct about the flight seat booking. Bookings currently open to Dec 15th at the moment
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Amazing thanks for confirming about the flights I want to jump and book my families seats as quick as pos 👍🏻
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

mixed reports on when the boking links on mde.

fastest is usually with Disney Direct - takes c. 72 hours and then you can link the booking.

I went with TC last year and it took 110 Days to link! And its unclear if you just use you booking number or need a specific one from Disney - so in my experience, no set answer with MDE, just need to keep trying and contact VA or Disney.

Please note tho, you really only need this to link 60 days (if staying onsite) and 30s if staying off site - as you can book ADRS 180 days out WITHOUT being on MDE - just call and book and add the numbers later to the booking - really want the 60/30 days for the fast passes tho.

As far as I'm aware you can book the seats on VA right away/at the time of booking if you pay £50 per seat. (Edit: from 331 days out and prices from £30)
If you don't pay and you are a member of their flying club you can log into your booking on their site and pick seats 48 hours before you travel.
If you are not a flying club member you can book 24 hours before you travel.

all that info is here: virginatlantic/gb/en/...y/seating.html

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 12:30 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that, yeah last time I booked it linked pretty quickly but this time it's not showing all the passengers. I used my vh booking ref and it's showing our resort stay but only showing 3 of us on the booking so ill have to keep an eye on that one. Yeah you 100% need it sorting for fast passes 😱I can't imagine if it wasn't as they go quick and ide be gutted.
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

i totally stressed about it last time and TA was useless. Booked 330 days out.

but my booking ref with them just linked as if by magic 220 days out.

This time I booked with Disney direct and no problem, just holding off for cheap flights. Last time it was at its cheapest 50 days out - so taking a risk this time. Its a sneaky extra trip tho so target price is £400 pp for flights and Ive seen c.£500 from Man direct so not far off.

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Strange at least that's a weight off I have 336 days to go so thats why I'm just going to sit back and wait. Then flight prices sound good I booked a package though and over the phone so I'm not sure what my flight prices individually are. I think sometimes we get stressed out because we want everything to be perfect but it usually works out in the end 🤗
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

was so stressed last time - booked PE then they changed the plane to a leased one - not very good by all accounts - then the stuff didn't link - but the minute you hit Disney you forget all that.

this time - its kinda an extra budget trip - so I'm not stressing or planning at all!

on our first trip in 2012, Virgin wanted £50 per seat x
4 ppl x 2 trips was £400 for us so we joined flight club and just tried to book seats 48 hours out.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Yeah it is a lot I think you pay enough for the flights as it is and find it disgusting how they all of a sudden decided ahh let's charge and make them pay more. There's 5 of us going but my sister hasn't been in 10 years and my other sister is disabled so we want to all sit together we are going to bite the bullet 😬😱I'm not happy about it though 😂