Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We really like it. When we look at the size of other resorts it puts us off.

We keep thinking we should try somewhere else next time but don't want to be disappointed!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

It's a beautiful resort. The setting is perfect - right on the side of the river. It's so peaceful and scenic. I love the sun coming up over the river each morning. As others have said it's a great size with nothing too far from anywhere. The walk up to POR is a lovely bonus with another beautiful resort to visit. The location near Disney Springs (and the boat trip down there) is an added bonus which has become even more valuable as DS has expanded. I do also think it is very centrally located for all the other parks and so is ideal is you visiting all the WDW parks.

To be honest though, there are a number of the moderate and deluxe resorts that we have stayed in that we have found equally beautiful and perfect. I think the reason our hearts belong to the POFQ is that it was our first Disney resort and we got to enjoy it for three weeks for our honeymoon.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for POFQ stayed in May 15 and was no debate to return when we booked for 3 weeks this coming August.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

Reiterate what others have said - everything close by and manageable size. We have now stayed five times and each time talk about staying somewhere else but always come back to the familiarity of POFQ. It felt safe when DS was younger and he could pop to the food court giving him abit of freedom. Only issues we had with buses were after fireworks trying to get home. Took ages for buses to come, but they always did.
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Sorry to jump on the post but we're staying on-site for the first time at POFQ in May!

Are there any particular room blocks etc. that I should avoid/request or are they all fine?
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We are staying at POR in August after previously staying at SSR. Even though this is a moderate and SSR is a deluxe I am looking forward to the theming of POR as SSR was nice but a bit sterile. We paid to upgade to QSDP to full DDP and it cost us virtually the same as staying at SSR with DDP but just really like the look of the resort and it seems to have fab reviews
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

We have always asked for building 2 facing the fountain as it quieter than the pool side and pretty much the closest building to reception. They did put us in a different building for the first night last time we went and we were facing a car park this was building one which we weren't pleased with so we asked to be moved, I can't really comment on any other location as I've always been in 2. But just love pofq 🤗🤗
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in standard room in block 4 and absolutely fine and great for the bus. We only really slept in the room so the location didnt bother us. Everything is so close non are a problem really. If you search fro Touring plans room views you can get a look at location of each block plus views out the windows etc.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishvixen
slightly serious Dibber

Only Disney hotel I've stayed in and can't see me changing. I love how small it is so there's not much of a walk to anything. Bus service is generally very good and having the boat to Disney Springs is a bonus. My family just love it. For somewhere that's not highly themed, my 5 year old always mentions the hotel when he talks about going back to Orlando.
scottishvixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Love reading all these great comments, we are trying POFQ for the 1st time this year. Really looking forward to it
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List