Notices

Old 31 Dec 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Here we go again! This time, with Princess Olivia!

Hello!

Thank you for clicking onto this Pre-Trippie for our trip to Orlando at the end of April/ May 2019!
Let me fill you in and then I shall speed on ahead to the introductions!

History

This will be my 6th time to Orlando. My husband's 3rd! Our first trip together was April 2016 for a week. We were there with my parents as part of my dad's 60th birthday celebrations, and spent the second week on-board a cruise ship sailing the Caribbean! Bliss! we were home for 6 months before we re-booked to come back in April/ May 2018! This was a fantastic 2 weeks so after a few changes in plans, we decided to go again and bring along David’s darling daughter! So... let’s begin with the introductions...

Introductions... !

Me (Tamara), 30 (ahem!)

I work as a Pharmacy Administrator and I am constantly thinking about Florida, on the DIBB, making itineraries and just talking about holidays 24/7 until hubby agrees to silence me by booking one hehe! I am also dachshund daft! My favourite parks are Universal Studios/ IOA and Busch Gardens. We won’t be going to Busch Gardens this time around as most of the rides there will be out of my Stepdaughter’s comfort zone.

Husband, (Dave), 33 (Shhh)

Hubby is a Webmaster. After 5 years together, you'd think I know what that entails, but I don't. When people ask, I say IT stuff, but I'm not even close! He works with computers, loves computers, LOVES his GoPro and photo/ video editing more than me (probably), but not as much as the cat! He also hates my obsession with dachshunds!
He is a big kid like me and enjoys all the rides and shows which all the parks have to offer! Dave is also the designated driver! Let’s hope he doesn’t turn up on the wrong side of the road this time...

Olivia (Daughter), 10 (going on 18!)

Olivia will be 10 at the time of our trip, with her birthday being the week before we go! Olivia has never been to Florida before but had been asking to go for quite some time. We kept telling her when she is 12, but we surprised her on Christmas Day 2018 with a huge Disney hamper which had a letter from Cinderella and her friends to say she was going to visit their castle! This will be Olivia’s first long-haul flight. We have only gone as far as Salou with Olivia, but she is looking forward to the TV’s on-board and I will pack some sweeties and the Nintendo Switch for her (and hubby) to keep her entertained!

The Flight

We are flying with British Airways from Glasgow International Airport into London Gatwick then onto Orlando on Wednesday 24th April.

Hotels

We are staying in 3 hotels during our trip.

First hotel is the Premier Inn at Glasgow airport the night before. This allows us time to chill out and not experience the rush that we normally do. We will then park the car at the main long stay car park and take the 5 minute airport transfer bus to the main terminal where we shall drop off the cases and head off to security!

When we arrive in Orlando, we will be staying at the Rosen International on International Drive. We are staying here for 13 nights. We have never stayed here before, but we have heard so many good things about it. It is also in the heart of International Drive which we love! We stayed at the Avanti and Rosen @ Pointe Orlando on our last trips.

We land late afternoon so once we pick up the hire car and check into the hotel, we will done what we done in April 2018 and stop off at Pizza Hut and take it back to the room and try and relax! The plan is that Olivia will fall asleep about 10pm (if we can keep her up and convince her to sleep on the plane), but I have a feeling she will be zonked by 8pm! Cue the 3am wake up call... !

The first Sunday into the trip, we will move into Hard Rock Hotel at Universal for one night to make the most of the express tickets! I can’t wait for this!

Beep Beep! – The car

We will be getting about in a hire car. Dave will be doing all the driving, as he has stated he is a bad enough passenger in my car in the UK, so FORGET driving in the States... that's me told then! We have gone for a mid-range this time as we will have Olivia!

Trip Plans/ Reservations

We have a good itinerary planned at present, but that may change due to weather or if someone accidentally puts their back out at the fast rapids at Volcano Bay (ahem... Dave).
We have tickets for Universal Studios/ IOA, Volcano Bay, Disney and Sea World/ Aquatica. We also have some reservations on Disney Property along the way too! Olivia is already looking forward to dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table!
On the last day, I plan on hitting the outlets and getting some major shopping done! Dave & Olivia will not like me then, but needs must and all that... hehe!

I'm hoping Dave will create a cool video like this year on our return to the UK, so in the mean time, thank you so much for reading our trip report
Old 31 Dec 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope your stepdaughter has a fantastic first trip!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I hope your stepdaughter has a fantastic first trip!
Thank you x
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Your plans so far sound great and what a lovely surprise for Olivia!
We arrive just after you
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List