Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
POFQ - Buses and QS restaurant

Ok, I suspect these questions have been asked dozens of times before but I’m feeling lazy. So, we’re thinking of staying onsite at POFQ next year and I know in the past it’s been a DIBBers favourite. But I have a couple of questions.

First, what’s the bus transport to the parks like? I know there’s just one bus stop - does that mean it’s busy? And do the buses also stop at Riverside?

Secondly, what’s the QS restaurant like? Good choice of food? Does it get busy?

Plus if there are any other thoughts or tips about this resort then I’d appreciate those too. Thanks!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed several times and never had a problem getting on a bus. The bus stop doesn’t get overly busy and generally had a good service. Have been at several different times of year (always in school holidays) and very rarely shared with Riverside, sometimes in the middle of the day when it’s quiet.
Quick service can be busy but never had to queue for too long. Pizza, salad/pizza made to your choice, bakery, burgers, readymade wraps etc. Beignets are good!
Getting the boat to DS is a bonus of staying here I think.

Should add that when the buses are shared back to the resort at the end of the evening they always drop off FQ first 🙂

Edited at 09:59 PM.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
To answer the bus question, we've stayed at Riverside 3 times and have only shared with French Quarter a handful of times. Usually it was the middle of the day when it was quiet. The bus would go to POFQ first to drop off then head to Riverside.
Old 16 Jun 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I stayed at POFQ last year. There's just one bus stop and I never had to wait long for a bus. The food court is brilliant. I had breakfast and dinner there most days. I particularly liked the jambalaya. It was busy but not overly so and I was always able to get a table.

Edited at 11:16 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve stayed there twice now and the buses have always been great. In 3 weeks we only shared with riverside a couple of times. That was usually going back to animal kingdom later in the afternoon.
You can check what time the next bus is leaving POFQ on the MDE app so you don’t have to wait around for ages.

The food court is brilliant! I have a few photos from last month here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1130545
It’s not normally too busy. My top tip, you can order your food and then pay for it while it’s cooking to save yourself a little time.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
You can check what time the next bus is leaving POFQ on the MDE app so you don’t have to wait around for ages.
Ah, that's interesting to know. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It was busy but not overly so and I was always able to get a table.
I guess that's the important bit - getting a table. When we stayed at CBR it was often busy in the morning and getting a table could be a challenge at times (although, thinking about it, I think we always managed to get a table).

Thanks everyone!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Just the one bus stop as others have said. The busses to AK in the afternoon onwards share with Riverside (at least they have for my last 2 stays there - it's a bit annoying as it adds about 15 minutes to basically get back where you started!) and occasionally on the return but FQ gets dropped first. That's the only journey I've been on with shared bus service. Because it's such a small resort, I've also always been able to get onto the 1st bus unlike other resorts I've stayed where you can sometimes have to wait for more than 1.

Food court is great and it's an easy walk over to RS if you wanted to use the food court there which is also good.

Back for my 3rd stay at FQ in Sept, it's a fantastic resort!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
always got a table, Ribs Mmmmmm

Buses no issues, rarely did we share with POR

good choice

much prefer over POR
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We went in August and found the buses great never had to wait long. The only time we shared with Riverside was when we went to Disney Springs and they dropped us off first. We found the food court fine but we did walk to Riverside a few times and used their food court which was much bigger and made a nice change.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

French Quarter is our favourite moderate.
It's compact size gives it a homely feel and limits the amount of walking to go top up your resort mug!
The QS was always decent quality, the specialities beignets (with a tonne of icing sugar) particularly moorish.
The bus service at FQ's single bus stop always seems fine, although as has been mentioned before, sometimes it is shared with Riverside, which can add an additional 3 or 4 stops as it circumnavigates the whole of the Riverside resort.
A short walk (or bike ride) along the Sassagoula River gets you to the QS at Riverside which is slightly larger than the Floatworks at the French Quarter.
The boat trip direct to Disney Springs is great and we used it many times.
Krushy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List