Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
They obviously do not want to cancel flights too early incase the dispute gets settled, but they will be forced to cancal at 14 days to stop BA being liable for EU261 (And I'm sure this is the only reason they are cancelling them so early). That's why the 27th flights will not be cancelled until nearer 14 days from the flight.

Flight before and after can get disrupted because of planes being in the wrong position. I'm on a day before, so might be impacted, but am hopefull it will just be a very busy flight.

At the moment for Florida routes BA seem to have cancelled the 2 days only on 9th/10th (so must be assuming the pilots will fly home on the day before, which would arrive strike day).

They have also stopped selling flights on the days and the day before and after (8,11). Likewise for 26 27 28. These days before and after are not full flights and hopefully these will be used by BA to put cancelled people on.

This is not a nice time for those impacted and lets hope they get alternatives quickly.

One interesting point is that BA holidays (those who booked fly-drive or added hotel) can move the holiday forward or backwards up until a year and BA will cover any price difference (so it would be possible to move a cheap fly-drive to expensive school holiday time at no cost - You never know, might help someone)

They've also cancelled the return flights on 8th September.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No they havnt stopped selling twitter folks are asking why flights cx but still on sale
Well try and book a flight on BA.com on a BA plane to Florida on the strike days and you will see that you cannot. You can fly indirect to mco or tpa on a codeshare (ie not a BA plane), but not on any BA plane. BA obviously has no control over those inventories and so might as well still sell those as AA will.
3rd parties might still be showing the flights, but BA has no control over companies that sell you non-existant flights (then I assume try to get you to change them).
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
They've also cancelled the return flights on 8th September.
BA02036 and BA2038 from MCO to LGW are still showing as running on the 8th (as is ba2037/30 for the outbound) and not cancelled, only 9th/10th.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Our flight home from San Diego on 10 Sept has been cancelled, had the text and e-mail about 10pm last night. Not managed to get through on phones. My husband has booked us on the next BA direct flight out of San Diego the next day (only BA seem to fly direct to LHR) on a fully flex ticket for about 10k! for 3 of us, should be able to cancel. We have then e-mailed BA Holidays (flight + car booking) to get it swapped over, extend car hire. I have booked extra night at hotel (cancellable). E-mail seemed to imply that we should pro-actively find alternative flights.

Rather an anxious wait now to hear back from them. I am at work so can't spend hours on the phone, and my husband refuses to as he is at an annual family reunion with his siblings and parents, one of whom we only see once a year as they live in the Far East.

I am so stressed, should be looking forward to my holiday but I'm not.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

BA02036 and BA2038 from MCO to LGW are still showing as running on the 8th (as is ba2037/30 for the outbound) and not cancelled, only 9th/10th.
I'm so confused. We've had the email to say the flight is cancelled.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Earlier posts say this was a mistake and when they get through they are being told the flights are not cancelled. But ovviosuly you get the email so you phone to be on safe side.

On expertflyer it is showing as flying and they use live feeds from BA, just the 2 strike days showing as cancelled.

But the situation does seem to be fluid. They are now selling tickets the day before (unresetricted) (8th) and for 2 days (11th, 12th) after just at the most expensive bucket in each class. That is different than earlier this morning where they were not selling them.

The later 27th strike still has no tickets being sold day before or after, but maybe that will also change. By not selling tickets it at least gives them a chance of moving people.
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
I would also try manage my booking on the BA website because that will tell you if it is cancelled.

PS And the good news is BA's website is still showing them as running, whilst 9 and 10th cancelled.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

We're away at the moment and have come to Epcot. I'm refusing to let it ruin my day. Am exhausted though. I will hope its an error and that I will get an email from BA during the day. So frustrating!
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well try and book a flight on BA.com on a BA plane to Florida on the strike days and you will see that you cannot. You can fly indirect to mco or tpa on a codeshare (ie not a BA plane), but not on any BA plane. BA obviously has no control over those inventories and so might as well still sell those as AA will.
3rd parties might still be showing the flights, but BA has no control over companies that sell you non-existant flights (then I assume try to get you to change them).
Not everyone affected is flying to Florida 1🙄
My flight was on the 12th BA told me it would be cx since then it's been selling at 450 one way. I'm not alone it's not just strike days affected. Tried phoning no answer. Manage my booking stated the situation I'm not booking through a third party. I'm not alone. Regardless of what is and what is not showing now this is one almighty cock up. People have cx flights on days where they didn't need to because they couldn't get through to customer service.

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Very Serious Dibber

Much as I understand the anger and frustration the strike has caused, I think it best to wait it out a bit and let things settle down. I wouldn't be cancelling anything just yet, let them call you and take it from there, or call them after the B/H and go through the options.

My son has flown out to Chicago today and his return has been "cancelled" yet looking on BA.com there are around 20 alternative flights being sold, all on AA and all with 1 stop but I'm positive he will get home, hopefully on the day or a day or 2 later.

Looking at Orlando and Tampa there are a similar amount of options available on the strike days, ok it's not non-stop but it gets you there or back.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List