Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Summer fragrance recommendations please

I love duty free at the airport and that’s a big part of the fun for me picking a perfume.
Last year I got a fragrance Dolce and Gabbana light blue Italian zest but it was limited edition and it’s not available now (well not anywhere that I have seen).
I’d LOVE that to take with me as my daily fragrance (and take a heavier one for nights if we do any nights out).
So I’m wondering if anyone can recommend anything similar.
They have brought a new one out and I think it’s called “light blue sun” and it’s described as zesty so if they have that at the airport I’ll possibly get that.
But just wondering
A) anyone smelt this and know if it is zesty and fresh/smells anything like the Italian zest

B) anyone can recommend anything fresh like that with a nice zesty fragrance (not DKNY I find those apple ones really overpowering).
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Is this the one you were looking for?
fragrancedirect/do...y-1001217.html
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Is this the one you were looking for?
fragrancedirect/do...y-1001217.html
Yes that’s the one but I want to buy at airport so wondering if it’s still available.
You can’t get it in Boots and Debenhams anymore only on these fragrance sites and often quite a lot more expensive than in the shops.
Just wondering if anyone has seen this or the sun one in duty free.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Think you can search Duty free for your airport
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm not really a huge perfume/fragrance person, but one of the few ones I really like is the L'Occitane Verbena and Citrus Verbena fragrances... very light and summery in my opinion!

Since you're heading back to the magic - go have a look at the Laila and Frozen perfumes at Epcot Norway too! They were quite nice and well, there's the unique factor... Not duty free though!
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like Light Blue and Ted Baker Rose for summer days.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Think you can search Duty free for your airport
Can I? I’ve searched shops in the terminal before but dint know how to find what they actually stock 🤔

Thanks for the replies.

I absolutely LOVE perfume and it’s my special tradition to treat myself at the airport. Over the years I’ve bought stuff I’ve not liked so I’m trying to do some forward planning 😂😂
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

So thankyou ClaireNJ I’ve just searched my airport duty free. So CLICK AND COLLECT only - does that mean the perfume is only available to CLICK AND COLLECT or is it just the price?
Thing is they gave the light blue sun but I’ve not smelt it yet - wanted to smell it before I purchased so couldn’t click and collect.
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Was going to say go to your nearest Debenhams or Perfume shop to smell it like I do, but if they don’t stock it then that’s no good
Or maybe don’t do Click & Collect & take a chance they’ve got it in when you go so you can have a spray before you buy
Good luck X
Whoops just read can only do Click & Collect
I’d just take a chance & buy it then, you’re on holiday after all

Also it does sound like the one you want might be discontinued, maybe drop them an email D&G, I did this with Stella McCartney when I could no longer find my fav & they did confirm that it was no longer available

Edited at 01:59 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Was going to say go to your nearest Debenhams or Perfume shop to smell it like I do, but if they don’t stock it then that’s no good
Or maybe don’t do Click & Collect & take a chance they’ve got it in when you go so you can have a spray before you buy
Good luck X
Whoops just read can only do Click & Collect
I’d just take a chance & buy it then, you’re on holiday after all

Also it does sound like the one you want might be discontinued, maybe drop them an email D&G, I did this with Stella McCartney when I could no longer find my fav & they did confirm that it was no longer available
So does CLICK AND COLLECT mean you can actually only get it by CLICK AND COLLECT or is the just that you can only get the offer price click and collect? I’ve not seen it in Boots or Debenhams. For some reason our Debenhams has stopped stocking D&G.

I’m going to just wait and see and have a sniff at the airport. If push comes to shove I’ll just buy the original Light blue cos that’s nice and fresh or my favourite perfume.