Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KES
Imagineer

KES's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
Hi Beverley Road nearest to the City centre not so good !
but further away from the centre it improves, it is a rather long road though.
That's great- thank you.

It looks like HU3 is a post code to avoid?
LBV Village Resort & Spa 1/09
LBV Village Resort & Spa 10/09
KES is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

If you see a property feel free to post the address and one of us locals can tell you if it’s a nice area, Beverley road runs from the town centre out of town, many parts are nice. I agree with TillySmith though, the part nearest the city centre is best avoided.
Old Town is fine, perhaps a bit noisy with the popular pubs though.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KES
Imagineer

KES's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gillybean08 View Post
If you see a property feel free to post the address and one of us locals can tell you if it’s a nice area, Beverley road runs from the town centre out of town, many parts are nice. I agree with TillySmith though, the part nearest the city centre is best avoided.
Old Town is fine, perhaps a bit noisy with the popular pubs though.
thanks very much!
LBV Village Resort & Spa 1/09
LBV Village Resort & Spa 10/09
KES is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Emsie
Helping Minnie

I can't believe how many Hull dibbers there are. There is a new(ish) build estate not too far from the hospital. Boothferry Park HU4 postcode. Might be worth a look x

Edited at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Emsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KES View Post
That's great- thank you.

It looks like HU3 is a post code to avoid?
Just asked the hubby and he said no avoid the east side and hessle road definitley stay away from hu3. He says if there's a murder its bound to be on hessle road 😱

A little north of that towards cottingham road is okay. You really want west hull- willoughby anlaby kirk ella etc. I was wrong his mum lives in kirk ella not hessle, but they went to hessle high school which is a good school if you have kids. He agrees Beverley road as you get out of town is very nice and Beverley itself too.

He says for proximity to hospital cottingham is your best bet.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Just asked the hubby and he said no avoid the east side and hessle road definitley stay away from hu3. He says if there's a murder its bound to be on hessle road 😱

A little north of that towards cottingham road is okay. You really want west hull- willoughby anlaby kirk ella etc. I was wrong his mum lives in kirk ella not hessle, but they went to hessle high school which is a good school if you have kids. He agrees Beverley road as you get out of town is very nice and Beverley itself too.

He says for proximity to hospital cottingham is your best bet.
Murders? Is your husband a part of some criminal Hull underworld I am unaware off? Honestly, we are no worse than other cities. I’m sure the comment was flippant but we get enough bad press.
Cottingham is only handy if your based at Castle Hill Hospital. Hull Royal Infirmary is on Anlaby Road near the city centre.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Murders? Is your husband a part of some criminal Hull underworld I am unaware off? Honestly, we are no worse than other cities. I’m sure the comment was flippant but we get enough bad press.
Cottingham is only handy if your based at Castle Hill Hospital. Hull Royal Infirmary is on Anlaby Road near the city centre.
I think he was just making a point about it being rough on that road. We lived in Milton Keynes until recently which seemed to have a stabbing every 5 minutes. So not trying to imply Hull is any worse than anywhere else!

Ah I just said the hospital so maybe he was thinking of the other one. Didnt know there was two.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I think he was just making a point about it being rough on that road. We lived in Milton Keynes until recently which seemed to have a stabbing every 5 minutes. So not trying to imply Hull is any worse than anywhere else!

Ah I just said the hospital so maybe he was thinking of the other one. Didnt know there was two.
No offence taken 😊 we honestly get such unfair press, we joke that even Covid 19 didn’t really bother coming to Hull 🙈
I lived and worked on Anlaby Road in my younger years, while I was happy to move away I never felt unsafe on my own walking home or to the shops. The main problem is the amount of pubs and betting shops down that stretch.
Old 22 May 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

No offence taken 😊 we honestly get such unfair press, we joke that even Covid 19 didn’t really bother coming to Hull 🙈
I lived and worked on Anlaby Road in my younger years, while I was happy to move away I never felt unsafe on my own walking home or to the shops. The main problem is the amount of pubs and betting shops down that stretch.
I've lived in Sheffield and Leeds and find Hull no more rough than either of those! It does get a bad press. Theres nice areas and crappy areas in any city! I think the unemployment is the biggest problem Hull has.
Old 22 May 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely not the town end of Beverley rd but the top end is is fine
I think it's a bit harsh saying not east Hull, theres some nice villages but you need transport. The top end of holderness road towards bilton is ok too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List