Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile WDTC amendment fees

Just a quick question for anyone who may have done this. My sister and I are booked into POFQ for next September and switched before it was withdrawn from sale. Our parents have decided to come so my thinking was to add them to our room and then amend to two rooms once POFQ goes on sale again. When I called the CM said to wait because I’d incur an amendment fee when I switched to two rooms because I’d effectively be removing them from our booking and creating a new one therefore our price would go down. Can anyone who has switched from one room to two clarify if that’s the case? I’d rather get them on the booking now so I can book park reservations for them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I have no idea but that makes no sense to me. So you will basically be booking an extra room (therefore double the money) and they will charge you a fee? crazy, surely you pay the same for your room with 2 or 4 people in it ? Maybe Im missing something

Can you not just add them to yours then when rooms are available just book anther room seperately but not link to any tkts?
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 08:24 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
I have no idea but that makes no sense to me. So you will basically be booking an extra room (therefore double the money) and they will charge you a fee? crazy, surely you pay the same for your room with 2 or 4 people in it ? Maybe Im missing something
That’s what I thought but the CM seemed to suggest it would essentially be removing them from my booking (reducing the price) and creating a new booking for them. I wish they’d just release POFQ for sale then I wouldn’t need to worry!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Can you not just add them to yours then when rooms are available just book anther room seperately but not link to any tkts?

Makes no sense - I dont see how it lowers the price?
Maybe ring again and speak to someone else?
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 08:26 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can you just buy tickets now so you can get park reservations. Then later get a room without tickets?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post

Makes no sense - I dont see how it lowers the price?
Maybe ring again and speak to someone else?
Yes I probably will but just wondered if anyone had done this because if the CM is right there’s no point in calling.

Trip Report Index
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

When you book two rooms it's classed as two separate bookings so removing your parents from the first room means that cost goes down, hence the amendment fee. The second room for your parents would then be classed as a separate booking.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Can you just buy tickets now so you can get park reservations. Then later get a room without tickets?
I’d rather not because I’m still holding out hope that there will be some sort of offer! Maybe naive but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
When you book two rooms it's classed as two separate bookings so removing your parents from the first room means that cost goes down, hence the amendment fee. The second room for your parents would then be classed as a separate booking.
Ok thanks. I had assumed two rooms on the same booking would be classed as one booking but obviously not. Now have to think if paying a £50 amendment fee is worth it just now for park reservations that may ultimately not even be required!

Trip Report Index
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes we’ve done exactly what you’ve proposed doing once before ( I think it was in 2018) and we did get charged an amendment fee for the reasons the CM outlined to you.

Could you consider booking a room for them at another resort the. Transferring it to PO once bookings reopen?
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lou1982 View Post
Yes we’ve done exactly what you’ve proposed doing once before ( I think it was in 2018) and we did get charged an amendment fee for the reasons the CM outlined to you.

Could you consider booking a room for them at another resort the. Transferring it to PO once bookings reopen?
The problem is we may end up changing to ticket only which would then mean two £50 amendment fees. We have a back up booking at the Dolphin in the event of no Disney offers at all.

It seems my choices are:

Add them to our booking and wait it out taking the risk that we have to switch resorts and risk the £50 amendment fee if we stick with POFQ.

They buy tickets direct with Disney and add a room to those tickets should any offers appear.

Leave it and see what happens in the hope that park reservations aren’t required by next September anyway.

Trip Report Index