Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mint I can’t eat it and if anyone comes near me with chewing gum I have to move away,
I’m almost heaving just thinking about it 🤮
Old 12 Jul 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Definitely HP sauce, since my partner has been WFH he’s had it loads on his breakfast and it turns my stomach.

Also can’t stand the smell of lasagne, I love Italian food, but I draw the line there.

My partner’s family make a turkey broth with the leftovers from Christmas dinner and that also turns my stomach.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Tomato Ketchup or HP Sauce - both make me vomit, I cant even sit near anyone eating either as I would literally be very dramatically ill
I’m with you on ketchup (although I do eat it with chips). My kids seem to drown their food in it - the other evening I’d decided to have something different for dinner and the smell of their ketchup was just so overpowering. 🤢
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Is this a "current issue" or even related to "it" ?
Clearly it isn’t - sorry I posted in wrong part but thanks for stating the obvious 😀
Old 12 Jul 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Buckfast and Grolsh especially on anybody's breath
Chloe perfume smells like cat pee to me
There's also a Lewis "delicacy" called Guga, which is basically salted, boiled baby Gannet. Smells like a rotting corpse when cooking and has the taste and texture of a chamoix dipped in cod liver oil. I avoid lots of houses in Guga season which is August/ September
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Bleach! I had to leave a restaurant once as they brought out a mop and bucket with bleach in and cleaned a patch on the floor near our table. The smell was throughout the whole restaurant and I honestly thought I was going to be sick. Thankfully we hadn't ordered anything .
Toothpaste
Coriander

Edited at 03:54 PM.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
When someone strikes a match - absolutely horrid!

My husband would give the answer - mushrooms, cooked or even uncooked.
Same here I hate the smell of mushrooms. When I worked in anursing home years ago as a Saturday job I felt physically sick having to serve mushroom soup 🤢
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Care homes and hospitals
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually like the smell of weed 🙈never smoked it never wanted to but I suddenly like the smell. I also wear Angel perfume.
I hate the smell of peppers they make me want to heave.
Also I don’t know what it is but I think “cheap perfume” or something but I can’t stand it. Maybe it’s musk or something but there are times when you walk past people n smell n it’s like 🤮
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I actually like the smell of weed 🙈never smoked it never wanted to but I suddenly like the smell. I also wear Angel perfume.
I hate the smell of peppers they make me want to heave.
Also I don’t know what it is but I think “cheap perfume” or something but I can’t stand it. Maybe it’s musk or something but there are times when you walk past people n smell n it’s like 🤮
The 'party' girl over the road partakes in weed occasionally and I prefer that to my neighbours tumble dryer in her shed which filters into my garden and nearly chokes us
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List