Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The best advantage is being right in the middle of the magic... Some people need the material things that go with paying for on site which is fine.. For us tho just being in that bubble is well worth the money
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I’ve always liked that when we go to Disney as we leave the parks we are away from it. The shops and restaurants aren’t Disney ones. Normal steak houses, outlet shops etc. Also I like that the hotel is quite quiet because people are generally at the parks and like on pool days it can literally be me round the pool - which I like - I have grown up children but even when my kids were younger I worked in childcare and so I never wanted to be going to a hotel that’s like a Super Family holiday - I liked to be able to have like a peaceful day round the pool. This is actually something I’m a little bothered about re our stay at Caribbean beach but I’ve watched vlogs and I’ve seen there are quieter pools etc.
But I am looking forward to this - it will probably be a one off and probably we will go back to our usual hotel, but I think especially for our first trip without any of the kids it will be nice to do something completely different.
Hi - we almost always stay onsite (full disclosure) but bearing in mind what you say here, and bearing in mind the possible restrictions that may still be in place (arguably removing many of the reasons to pay the premium to stay onsite) I’d seriously question whether it’s the right decision for you given the strange world we are in right now?
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

I echo Karen's comments above. It doesn't sound like being onsite will really be a treat for you! If you want to make it a special trip what about splurging on a more luxurious hotel offsite?
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally feel at the moment op there are no onsite benefits. That's not to say it may change but I think the next 2 years are out for us.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We normally stay on site (In moderate) and have had free DDP and paid for it too. Love on-site transportation and last couple of times did not have a car so used DME, which as good. Going forward I’m thinking that swan or dolphin would be better than a moderate as approx same cost, but better location. Will prob wait until EMH and FP are back, so hoping for 2022. If no DDP will definitely look at S&D as apart from DME that seems likes the only downside to staying there. I prefer to stay onsite as I love the ‘bubble’ holiday as I feel I can really relax as I have less responsibility for driving, parking etc.
Old 26 Jul 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

All being well - We’re doing the same, first onsite Disney stay next year alongside universal. Never stayed onsite at Disney before - and if free dining had been enough of a draw previously then I certainly would have. Very much looking forward to it - atmosphere, ease of walking to epcot, the ‘bubble’ notion too I guess. Enjoy your planning 😀

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Dh originally mentioned Swan and Dolphin because of location but with them not being Disney - I did NOT know that - they aren’t released yet for next September. So we are booked at the Caribbean beach. To be honest the attraction for us is the transport.
Over the weekend we have been chatting about it ALOT and looking at vlogs and I am buzzing. Have stayed at Hard Rock for odd night before for FOLP but we are staying a week. It is a stunning hotel.
Just an update we do still get magic bands - very limited choice but already ordered. Just doing little bits to keep myself buzzing with us not going this year. Dh has picked just a plain one but I’ve paid $10 for a Minnie Mouse one.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Exciting you have booked! We loved CB and thinking that will be where we stay next time, mainly for the skyliner. The quiet pools were very quiet and there are loads of bus stops, so never very far to walk once you get back from the park. We enjoy the little things too when staying onsite- wake up calls, charging to magic band, DME back to the airport, and just feeling very looked after. I hope you enjoy staying in the bubble and enjoy all the planning!
Old 27 Jul 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by outofdate View Post
Exciting you have booked! We loved CB and thinking that will be where we stay next time, mainly for the skyliner. The quiet pools were very quiet and there are loads of bus stops, so never very far to walk once you get back from the park. We enjoy the little things too when staying onsite- wake up calls, charging to magic band, DME back to the airport, and just feeling very looked after. I hope you enjoy staying in the bubble and enjoy all the planning!
My dilemma is the sky liner! I hate heights but dh is very excited to use it - I am dreading it 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Raymond
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We love Disney and all the Florida parks but when we stayed in CBR for two weeks we ended up driving out to get away from too much Disney and especially too much Disney food.

Having said that we had some really nice food too, but at much higher prices than I Drive
Raymond is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List