Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 20, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
That is hardly the same as having someone else dictate what plants you can grow in your own garden is it?
You miss the point completely it’s about saying that you should be able to do what you want in your property and not have to take your neighbours into consideration.

For some people a huge white object that they see every time they look out of their living room window, or something that blocks light is every bit as bad as loud music. This is something that is constant where music maybe occasional.

If this was not a major issue for some people modern houses would not have a “no caravan” clause in the deeds would it ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Its now almost 4 years old now and Ive only done 23,000 miles. Id never sell it. Its guarded by 24hr police tracker, an incredibly good ( secret ) immobiliser and 2 different sets of CCTV systems lol
Goodness me where do you live ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You miss the point completely it’s about saying that you should be able to do what you want in your property and not have to take your neighbours into consideration.

For some people a huge white object that they see every time they look out of their living room window, or something that blocks light is every bit as bad as loud music. This is something that is constant where music maybe occasional.

If this was not a major issue for some people modern houses would not have a “no caravan” clause in the deeds would it ?
Surely the issue is most new builds don’t have big drives as well as the snob factor ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post

No you are missing the point, there are laws about playing loud music at all hours, believe me I know we lived for 2 years in a semi joined onto neighbours who partied loudly into the early hours multiple times a week, meaning we did have to get a noise abatement order against them, looking at a caravan would have been preferable! If there is a covenant stating no caravans etc fair enough that is also a law that can be enforced. If there is not a covenant then whether someone likes looking at something or not is irrelevant. The no caravan, boat etc clause isn’t there because people don’t like it, it is because the original landowner stipulated it and it’s not necessarily modern Houses, some on here have said they have 40 plus year old homes with the covenant. My house is 4 years old and we have no such covenant.

A neighbour does not have the right to dictate what plants, vehicles etc are placed or planted on someone else’s property just because they don’t like it. The caravan ok I can understand not liking it but they still can’t demand it’s moved, but which plants and not ordering takeaways after a certain time? No way they sound a nightmare with a very inflated sense of entitlement

Edited at 07:36 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Caravan aside, I think you need to have a straight to the point conversation with your neighbours about their behaviour.

Trying to tell you what you can plant and whether you can have a fence is bad enough, but now the Uber eats delivery? They’re starting to sound unhinged.

Be polite, but very firm. You’re not living in their house, you can do what you like within the confines of the law, and they have absolutely no right to dictate to you.

If they fall out with you, so be it. There’s no law that you HAVE to be friends with your neighbours. Especially when they’re an interfering busy body like yours!
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Caravan aside, I think you need to have a straight to the point conversation with your neighbours about their behaviour.

Trying to tell you what you can plant and whether you can have a fence is bad enough, but now the Uber eats delivery? They’re starting to sound unhinged.

Be polite, but very firm. You’re not living in their house, you can do what you like within the confines of the law, and they have absolutely no right to dictate to you.

If they fall out with you, so be it. There’s no law that you HAVE to be friends with your neighbours. Especially when they’re an interfering busy body like yours!
While I agree that talking is the best policy for some people it doesnt work. They do not want conversation they want control.

For these people I use the 'it's not my monkey's method. That is basically it's not you problem its theirs. Smile, listen and do exactly what you choose.

Keep the caravan, making it as pleasant to look at as possible. Get take aways at night, if they complain smile, say you understand and carry on. Etc etc.

It's hard to argue with someone who smiles and says I understand! This is their issue, it's not your monkey, dont make it yours.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Keep the caravan, making it as pleasant to look at as possible.
Is this what you had in mind?... 😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Its a quiet Sunday morning, so I've just read the whole thread with genuine amazement.

I never knew these sort of things were a thing, we live in a very quiet cul de sac and everyone just does their own thing (unless its gone over my head) I have no idea whether any of our neighbours even own a caravan.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Great thread showing that everyone is different and kudos to the OP for wanting to see things from other perspectives.

I too would leave the caravan where it is . Or ask the neighbours if they want to pay for ‘ local ‘ storage for it . If not , it’s not such a big issue for them is it ? Just their way of controlling you

Can I ask OP about the hedge . I am a little confused as to whether you want the hedge for yourself or to help appease them ( ie to cover up their view of your caravan )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

I think my second word to the them would be Off
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List