Notices

Old 18 Oct 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

I think with T Cells you must be infected before they are summoned as they kill off cells that have been infected (unlike antibodies which stop cells getting infected).

Our high-cycle PCR tests are likely to pick up the remains.

So I guess there are 3 likely outcomes:

1 - you have a false negative
2 - you have some other innate immunity
3 - you simply arenít infected!
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I had symptoms about 5 weeks ago. Spent 4 days trying to get a test to no avail so I still have no idea. DH is asthmatic. We just stayed away from everyone but he didn't shield at all from me. He has had no symptoms at all. I'm wondering if I should bother to try for a test at all now!
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I think with T Cells you must be infected before they are summoned as they kill off cells that have been infected (unlike antibodies which stop cells getting infected).

Our high-cycle PCR tests are likely to pick up the remains.

So I guess there are 3 likely outcomes:

1 - you have a false negative
2 - you have some other innate immunity
3 - you simply arenít infected!
Innate immunity is a complex process, interferons produce T Cells, and NK (Natural Killer) cells. So the T cell response is part of the innate immunity response.

Hereís a prof who studies this area and says there are people recovering without displaying antibodies because of the innate immunity response:

labnews/article/20...ovid-19-combat

Interesting stuff.

I suspect many more of us will have innate immunity than realised.
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are a family of 4.

I work in an office of 11. 3 of us tested positive.

When I had my test (Positive), the wife and my sons went.. negative.

A week later, my wife tested again.. Positive, but again the boys were negative.

We took no precautions at all in the office. We took no precautions at all in the home. My remaining workmates (8) and sons (2) have never had a positive test.

My only conclusion can be that it is nowhere near as easily transmitted as is frequently suggested.. or all 10 had T Cell immunity.
I also agree. Its like HIV. Thats ridiculously hard for some to catch and they liken potential immunity to T cells having been triggered in the past
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are a family of 4.

I work in an office of 11. 3 of us tested positive.

When I had my test (Positive), the wife and my sons went.. negative.

A week later, my wife tested again.. Positive, but again the boys were negative.

We took no precautions at all in the office. We took no precautions at all in the home. My remaining workmates (8) and sons (2) have never had a positive test.

My only conclusion can be that it is nowhere near as easily transmitted as is frequently suggested.. or all 10 had T Cell immunity.
Remember you can have this and not spread it, you can also have it and display no visible symptoms.

Maybe your kids had it back in early March and everyone wrote it off as a cold; but through luck (as you were trying to avoid getting their cold) you didn't contract CV then.

When you did they were already able to fight the virus.

Not saying it happened like that just that it could have...
123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Remember you can have this and not spread it, you can also have it and display no visible symptoms.

Maybe your kids had it back in early March and everyone wrote it off as a cold; but through luck (as you were trying to avoid getting their cold) you didn't contract CV then.

That is possible and has been considered. The kids Covid could have predated ours, been asymptomatic and also could have been passed by them onto us. They would then have tested negative by the time we tested positive.

We all four of us had that horrible, snotty common cold in January that many believe was when they had Covid (but were not tested). It has been suggested that for some, this gave strong immunity against Covid at a later date. This might have explained why in May, when we actually had it (positive tests), it was very mild. If it wasnít Covid, neither of us would have taken a day off work.

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post

That is possible and has been considered. The kids Covid could have predated ours, been asymptomatic and also could have been passed by them onto us. They would then have tested negative by the time we tested positive.

We all four of us had that horrible, snotty common cold in January that many believe was when they had Covid (but were not tested and therefore do not know). It has been suggested that for some, this gave strong immunity against Covid infection at a later date. This might have explained why in May, when we actually had it (positive tests), it was very mild. If it wasnít Covid, neither of us would even have taken a day off work. (We tend to attend work if anything short of hospitalised).

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964

Edited at 09:03 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
VIP Dibber

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Weíre exactly the same. Dh is positive and myself and 2 sons are negative. Very strange
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Could it be a reliability issue with how the test is done. Iíve heard if you donít go down the throat enough for up the nose enough it will come back a false negative. 🤷
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Could it be a reliability issue with how the test is done. Iíve heard if you donít go down the throat enough for up the nose enough it will come back a false negative. 🤷
They did say before a lot of people weren't doing them incorrectly as not going up the nose enough or not getting the tonsils. It's understandable as it's not a simple swab. I'm not sure how I'd get on if did one.

There could be a lot of false negatives as a results.