Notices

View Poll Results: I am Greta movie - will you go and see it?
Yes - Definitely 3 1.94%
No - Certainly not 144 92.90%
Iím sat on the fence over this one ... 2 1.29%
Who is Greta? 6 3.87%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Oct 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
Getting Excited

I do agree with (some) of her sentiments, but shouldn't this young lady park her high horse at the school gates and toddle off inside?

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Grandee View Post
I do agree with (some) of her sentiments, but shouldn't this young lady park her high horse at the school gates and toddle off inside?
This exactly! She doesn't have a monopoly on green credentials, more she is jumping on a growing bandwagon, and we should correctly be concerned about climate change. But my goodness, she takes precocious to a whole new unattractive stratosphere
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Apprentice Imagineer

I greatly admire Greata and her views, she is an inspiration to the younger generations. However I canít see myself watching this film. For that matter, we wonít be going to any cinema to watch anything for a longtime!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I do wonder what she, or more likely, what her parents will do with the money they make from the film.
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Have to agree re air and ground source heat pumps but disagree with electric vehicles due to the destruction caused by the activities in sourcing materials for their manufacture. Iíd prefer to see more investment in hydrogen vehicles. As for the film, bring on peppa and the ponies.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

sorry, I do not want to be preached at. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I wonder what Ďgoodí she can do with her estimated $1million net worth before the film royalties pile in, or whether her parents have other plans for the cash.
All other royalties and prize money that Greta Thunberg has received has not benefited her family, but has been put in a non-profit foundation.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I do wonder what she, or more likely, what her parents will do with the money they make from the film.
See my above reply.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

93% of Dibbers dont intend to add this to their essential viewing list then... I wonder what the actual viewing figures end up like?

Destiny is All.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Iíll be more interested in the documentary in 10 years time- How I was used to make money, and as a vulnerable person had my youth ripped away.