Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 20 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Back on Gousto this week. Had the pork, apple and sage potato topped pie. Really enjoyed it and would do it again.

Just checked out Hello Fresh for a couple of weeks time but again they're either hugely calorific or extra money to spend.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I complained about the strange cut a of chicken breasts and had £10 towards my next box, quality!

We had this tonight; spicy chicken wraps with salsa and mint chutney. It was very nice but ooooooh so spicy! We only used one sachet of cayenne paper instead of two and it was spicy, and we do spice!

dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

This is our 4 meals of the week, we had the pork rice last night, it was delicious and 4 huge portions with left overs for lunch today!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the beef enchiladas from Gousto tonight and it was delicious. We've had it a few times before and would get it again.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

These are our meals from HelloFresh this week

Had the porky pappardelle yesterday and the chicken fried rive today, both lovely and quick and easy to cook

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
These were our four this week.

Enjoyed the jalfrezi and the nduja pasta best.I overbaked the tart, but done well it would be really nice. The prawns were lovely too. The green butter orzo was something I’d never thought of doing, though I have used orzo before. I’d do that again.
Had a bit of an issue with very late delivery on Friday (due before 7pm, arrived at 10pm). I was very cross (we had to have egg and chips!) but customer service was very apologetic and credited a generous amount to our account.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025

Edited at 10:31 PM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Our first Gousto box arrived yesterday and I tried the first meal tonight.
Miso butter chicken noodles. It was lovely and there was loads. Kids tried it and they liked it but weren’t that impressed! So 2a2c (7&4) and we have a full adult portion left over.
This is the picture from the card and mine.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Weve just had smokey Spanish chicken with patatas bravas and alioli form Gousto and it was amazing.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Weve just had smokey Spanish chicken with patatas bravas and alioli form Gousto and it was amazing.
Ooh I’ve seen that one, might have to add it next time it’s on
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Trying hello fresh for the first time delivery should be today, can’t say I’m impressed so far followed a link to get a discount for the first month it only worked on the first week and not on any further weeks (and they won’t honour the discount) already had two emails this morning one saying they have had to make a substitute in one of the recipes and the other saying they couldn’t pack one of the ingredients in another, going back to gousto next week😳
UPDATE! Waited in all day and have just had an email to say they can not deliver my box at all this week and have credited my account to use against my next full priced box ! 😡 have had to phone them to get them to refund my card.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive

Edited at 03:56 PM.
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List