Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#121
olgaandcoda
Imagineer
 
olgaandcoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 07

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Lee Rigby murder was even closer to home and the murderers are in prison now.
__________________
olgaandcoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#122
Scaramouche
Imagineer
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
The Lee Rigby murder was even closer to home and the murderers are in prison now.
I was on that road a week before. Terrifying.
__________________
August 2013 - 9 Nights Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2015 - 4 Nights Hard Rock Hotel, 12 Nights Coronado Springs Resort
September 2016 - Florida with my Prince!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#123
levtweeney
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 07

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
12 pages about a Student Party. Not 1 post about a decapitation in France. The World has gone mad.
The thread was about students having parties and breaking the law so of course there would not be comments about what happened in France.

If you want to discuss the murder of the teacher in France then start a thread on that topic and Iím sure you will have people comment on that too.
__________________
Think of a number from 1 - 10, Add 10, Add 10, take away 15, take away 2, add 30, take away the number you first thought of... ANSWER = 33
Thank You, Signed autographs in the lobby!
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#124
Redsnapper
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jun 11
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
12 pages about a Student Party. Not 1 post about a decapitation in France. The World has gone mad.
Tom - this is a covid forum - get a grip
__________________
1991-2019 Lots of Florida trips !
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#125
MarkUK
Being a bit Goofy
 
Join Date: Apr 13
4 more students from Nottingham Trent University have today been fined £40,000 (£10,000 per person) for hosting parties.

Police found attendees hiding in various rooms of the house when they attended despite the organisers stating everyone had left

According to Nottinghamshire police the students had told the police they were ďspoiling their funĒ

Also good to read that the University has suspended all the students from their studies.

Another example of moronic behaviour by what is probably (hopefully) a minority of students.

Edited at 05:50 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#126
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber
 
THE WIZARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Location: East Midlands
Unbelievable isn't it! People in hospital, people on ventilators, people dying n silly bloody students bleating " your spoiling our fun" 😡 Hope every one of them ends up with someone close in hospital with it, then n only then, will they understand 'their fun' is totally dam irrelevant !
__________________
The Wizard
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#127
Harry
Imagineer
 
Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 05

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Daughter is first year in Halls... the 5 weeks she has had there so far has been pretty horrific... in that short space of time she has gone from a vibrant optimistic happy loving life girl to an absolute emotional mess... its not helped that gang mentality and bullying is rife within the halls... and due to covid you are stuck within your bubble group... you cannot escape. This ontop of isolation of course work on line and the university experience... well not being one. It has pushed her to the edge... my wife has been up there twice already to talk her out of jacking it in... she has put in for a move to a different halls that hopefully will see some light at the end of the tunnel... its a massive worry. Ill be honest im not sure how id be now having to go through what they are... yes a few bad eggs are spoiling it but lets not tar and feather them all... especially as they will be the generation that will have to pay for all this mess.

dailymail/news/art...niversity.html
__________________


"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 01:32 AM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#128
levtweeney
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 07

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Daughter is first year in Halls... the 5 weeks she has had there so far has been pretty horrific... in that short space of time she has gone from a vibrant optimistic happy loving life girl to an absolute emotional mess... its not helped that gang mentality and bullying is rife within the halls... and due to covid you are stuck within your bubble group... you cannot escape. This ontop of isolation of course work on line and the university experience... well not being one. It has pushed her to the edge... my wife has been up there twice already to talk her out of jacking it in... she has put in for a move to a different halls that hopefully will see some light at the end of the tunnel... its a massive worry. Ill be honest im not sure how id be now having to go through what they are... yes a few bad eggs are spoiling it but lets not tar and feather them all... especially as they will be the generation that will have to pay for all this mess.

dailymail/news/art...niversity.html
I feel for your plight. My Nephew has had to move accommodation already as he was bullied by his flat mates. He is in his first year at Uni in the North East. It was horrific for the first 4 weeks. They were totally locked up, food had to be shipped in, people were going crazy with boredom. He was lucky to get a test, come up negative and get out.

He was going to leave uni unless he was moved accommodation. If Iím being honest if my daughter was in halls of residence at the moment she would be out of there, no ifs or buts. If it is online learning then that can be done at home where she is safe.

I hope everything goes well for her.
__________________
Think of a number from 1 - 10, Add 10, Add 10, take away 15, take away 2, add 30, take away the number you first thought of... ANSWER = 33
Thank You, Signed autographs in the lobby!
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#129
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Unbelievable isn't it! People in hospital, people on ventilators, people dying n silly bloody students bleating " your spoiling our fun" 😡 Hope every one of them ends up with someone close in hospital with it, then n only then, will they understand 'their fun' is totally dam irrelevant !


What a delightful sentiment to wish serious illness on someone because they happen to be connected to a student. I am truly shocked!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
#130
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber
 
THE WIZARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Location: East Midlands
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
[/B]

What a delightful sentiment to wish serious illness on someone because they happen to be connected to a student. I am truly shocked!
IMHO thata the only way some of these selfish little #### will realise what life is truly about; looking after others not just themselves!
__________________
The Wizard
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.3029
Covent Garden FX  $1.3243
FAIRFX  $1.3035
John Lewis  $1.3153
M&S  $1.2896
Post Office  $1.2898
Sainsburys  $1.3077
TESCO  $1.3088
Travelex  $1.3042
Updated: 15:30 01/12/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0838
Covent Garden FX  €1.1029
FAIRFX  €1.0955
John Lewis  €1.0989
M&S  €1.0785
Post Office  €1.0775
Sainsburys  €1.0929
TESCO  €1.0935
Travelex  €1.0900
Updated: 15:30 01/12/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now