Notices

Old 24 Oct 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
slightly serious Dibber

I remember

I remember, sitting at Heathrow on the 11th March this year waiting for my flight to Geneva for my much anticipated ski trip and people watching as you do. Beneath my hand and quite quietly saying to my friend, what do these people look like wearing a mask at the airport for goodness sake. There were only a number of people with masks at the time.
At 12 midnight on the 14th the France closed its borders we didn't t know until the Sunday. Then utter chaos to get home.

Now, after a long lockdown here in March, social distancing rules in place, apart from food shops everything else was closed. Now, 8 months on, Masks are the everyday thing we all have to wear them without question, 99% of us don't questions it, its the norm. Lots of places have been allowed to open then told to close. Lockdown now serious in some parts of the country, especially the north and Wales.

I despair, when will we see an end to this vile disease? When and if a vaccine is found, I sincerely hope so.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

I know what you mean - but a mask is certainly not an "everyday thing" for me.

I wear one only if I have to - and that isnt very often.
Old 24 Oct 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I'm happy to be alive, well & looking forward to Christmas. What will be will be so why worry about it! This too Will Pass eventually so just try & be happy with what you have & not unhappy with what you have not 🙂
Old 24 Oct 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
I remember, sitting at Heathrow on the 11th March this year waiting for my flight to Geneva for my much anticipated ski trip and people watching as you do. Beneath my hand and quite quietly saying to my friend, what do these people look like wearing a mask at the airport for goodness sake. There were only a number of people with masks at the time.
At 12 midnight on the 14th the France closed its borders we didn't t know until the Sunday. Then utter chaos to get home.

Now, after a long lockdown here in March, social distancing rules in place, apart from food shops everything else was closed. Now, 8 months on, Masks are the everyday thing we all have to wear them without question, 99% of us don't questions it, its the norm. Lots of places have been allowed to open then told to close. Lockdown now serious in some parts of the country, especially the north and Wales.

I despair, when will we see an end to this vile disease? When and if a vaccine is found, I sincerely hope so.
I remember that well, fortunately I had my car with me so getting home when the ski resorts closed down was not too much grief for me.

Important thing to remember is that the mountains will still be there, even if this winter doesn't happen as we would like.

This too will pass. Better times ahead!
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were on Anna Maria Island back in early February and a couple walked onto the pier in masks. How we chuckled to ourselves 😳. As the OP said, we now view it as Ďthe normí. I wear one when I have to do, but I refuse to enter into the trend of seeing them as a fashion accessory. I wear a disposable one or a plain washable one and canít personally understand why people bother buying diamantť ones and the like. I even saw a pack in a shop the other day with a sparkly mask and matching headband! I donít decry anyone else who likes them though but this is definitely not for me. The sooner we are back to normal, whenever that is, the better.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I remember the 11th March every year.

It's my birthday.

The last one was spent in WDW, day at Hollywood Studios, skyliner to Caribbean Beach Resort, bus to Disney Springs, drinks in the Boathouse, BBQ in Polite Pig, various other drinks around the Springs then a nightcap in Millers.

After all that and I still remember it!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

We went to DLP first week of March and DD and I really thought people were overreacting!

There was a girl on our flight, late teens, with her younger brother. We heard them talking as we were waiting to pick up our luggage at CDG and she was telling him not to tell their mum that she wasnít wearing her mask. DD and I were chatting were saying why would you wear a mask 😳 Iíd only seen it when Iíd been to Hong Kong. Oh how times change. I do think mask wearing will be more common in the uk now.

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Tinkerbell 1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
I know what you mean - but a mask is certainly not an "everyday thing" for me.

I wear one only if I have to - and that isnt very often.
Indeed.

I estimate I wear one for about one-and-a-half hours a week - that's less than one percent of the time.

I wear one when I do our large weekly shop, and then a couple of times for small top-up shops of fresh items.

Of all that is going on, wearing a mask is probably the least significant.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
We went to DLP first week of March and DD and I really thought people were overreacting!

There was a girl on our flight, late teens, with her younger brother. We heard them talking as we were waiting to pick up our luggage at CDG and she was telling him not to tell their mum that she wasnít wearing her mask. DD and I were chatting were saying why would you wear a mask 😳 Iíd only seen it when Iíd been to Hong Kong. Oh how times change. I do think mask wearing will be more common in the uk now.
I donít, I think most people will be glad to get rid of them. I donít know anyone who likes them or even thinks of them as normal now.
Old 25 Oct 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Strange how times have changed.

Though I did look on Disneystore at masks in May on preorder and thought oh no point in ordering those they aren't in stock until September 🤦