Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

cant decide which moderate to book. experiences with transport wanted

hi,

we were all set to book either wilderness lodge or contemporary when DDP was released and of course Disney had other ideas and has either excluded them or taken out lower priced rooms.

so, new plan is moderate and have the whole holiday cost less and then sneak in an extra holiday somewhere else with the saving later in the year.

moderates...

we keep reading about bad buses at each of them and its one of those annoying situations where you can always read a good and bad review but worry that it will really put a dampner on the holiday. also many of the moderates have lots of stops which obviously again adds time.

are there any top tips with this? any blocks of rooms near bus stops that seem to be better than others? we are tempted by carribean beach because of the skyliner but i love the look of POFQ for theming.

is OKW any better bus wise? I cant get a price on that at the moment to compare the moderates but two proper beds are required as my girls have experienced SSR sofa bed and made it clear that it was pretty uncomfortable
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

POFQ is very small! Not much of a trek to the buses at all, and it's the first stop on the way back in which is great when you're tired. There's only one stop at POFQ overall.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

I have stayed at POFQ every time i have been for over 20 years there is only 1 bus stop and to be honest all the rooms are pretty close. We always specify building 2 as its close to the amenities and with having a disabled sister we don't want to walk far for a drink on the night. The resort is always full but i would say it never looks busy other than in the food court i just love this resort its my home away from home.
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

Love POFQ - we had a great stay last year. We went in August and never experienced a problem getting a bus.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I can't comment on what the transport is like but will echo the previous posts - POFQ is a very small resort so my guess would be that the bus service there would be quicker than the other bigger resorts.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Also, OKW is very large and if you are first bus stop, you will be guaranteed a seat but then have to go round the whole resort before leaving and if you are last pick up, obviously less time on the bus but less chance of a seat.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at CSR last year and the bus service was excellent. Out of around 20 trips we only waited over 10 mins once.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

We stayed at POFQ in 2017 and we had nothing but trouble with buses, it's the only time we have stayed there and I have to say it would put me off staying there again. We found that as there was only one bus stop it got very busy and sometimes the buses would be full so we would have to wait for the next one so could be waiting quite a long time. I have also stayed at POR and CBR and apart from the last time at CBR we have always been very happy with the buses. I'm hoping that the problems we had at CBR last time will be fixed once the construction is finished.
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I stayed at POFQ last year and had no problems with buses. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes, usually only about 5 minutes.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We stayed in POFQ and loved it. Main reason for choosing the resort was the small compact size and one bus stop. We went in August and never had a problem getting on a bus either way. I would happily return.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List