Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Which fireworks?

DS,aged 6 has been to Disneyworld twice before, but due to him being tired we have never managed any fireworks with him and DH isn’t particularly bothered about seeing them.However,next summer I am determined for us to see fireworks in one of the parks.Which fireworks/night time show would you recommend as being the best for DS in particular? Thanks
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Visually it has to be either Happily Ever After at MK or Fantasmic at HS. Fantasmic has characters on a boat as well as fireworks but HEA is hands down the best IMO
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Visually it has to be either Happily Ever After at MK or Fantasmic at HS. Fantasmic has characters on a boat as well as fireworks but HEA is hands down the best IMO
Thanks.What time is HEA at?
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
Thanks.What time is HEA at?
Usually 9pm but check the dibb park hours guide 👍
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Agree, has to the HEA
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Agree. Haven’t seen Epcot on in years so can’t comment on that.
The animal kingdom one for our family was an epic waste of time
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Depends on your child.

Happily Ever After can be very crowded and usually involves staking out a spot to watch for up to an hour before the show starts. The show is absolutely stunning and emotional but your kid might not be able to see the full effect with the projections.

Fantasmic is ‘easier’ as you at least turn up in a proper theatre where you can sit on a bench in the build up and it’s more ‘organised’ and your child will be able to see pretty much everything regardless. Some parents have said that the show is ‘too intense’ for younger kids though with sudden loud bangs, fire and moments that some parents have labelled it being ‘demonic’. If your child can handle the odd sudden loud firework (there’s two really loud bangs during the show) and can handle fire effects too then go for it.

Personally Fantasmic is my favourite!
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We had done fireworks when our older 2 were younger but not done them for years due to our youngest and health reasons for our eldest daughter.
Last year our youngest was 5 and like you I really wanted him to experience the fireworks.
HS was good, we could sit down and he enjoyed the show. It’s exactly the same as years ago and could really do with being updated.
MK was horrible, crowded, we were pushed and shoved. We could hardly see and it took forever to get out! The monorail was so busy, queues were horrendous, my youngest was dead on his feet and then ended up struggling the day after with being overtired.
Epcot, this was fine, we stood where we could make a quick get away.
I am glad we did them but we won’t be doing them again. Unless I win the lottery and can afford one of the desert parties lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As Epcot is having a new one soon I’d wait to see what that brings but we do like hea. 2021 is having new firework shows again for the 50th .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stevethetim82
Getting to know the DIBB

HEA I would recommend but both very good. Looking forward to seeing both in October.

A wee tip, maybe you've already thought of it but if going to the fireworks in the evening, start your park day a little later, 4pm or so, thought this helped with my 2 youngest DD's so they could see the fireworks.
stevethetim82 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List