Notices

Old 2 Sep 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Home testing kit turnaround time

Does anyone know the turn around time for Home Testing Kits? Iíve had to do two for the children. Iím 99% convinced they just have a cold but obviously with the cough Iíve had to do it as they are due back at school. My DD had previously been part of the trial and it took a week to get results. This was via a letter.
Iím hoping itís not too long as I donít want them missing school.
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Very Serious Dibber

If you do to a drive through you get the results the next day by text, my sister took her 4 year old and got him tested this way, could you try that? Sorry no clue about the home tests
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
If you do to a drive through you get the results the next day by text, my sister took her 4 year old and got him tested this way, could you try that? Sorry no clue about the home tests
We have a test centre 10 mins away. When I went online it said test centres are currently very busy and it gave me the option of one 80 miles away! And I donít have a car at the moment to get there.
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

I did a home test a few weeks back, the test came next day we sent it back same day that we received it and we had the results texted back to us a day later.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I posted mine last Saturday and the result come through at 6am monday morning.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharonb View Post
I did a home test a few weeks back, the test came next day we sent it back same day that we received it and we had the results texted back to us a day later.

Sharon
Exactly the same for my parents. They ordered the test on Sunday, it came with Amazon on Monday, they posted it back later that day and they got a test with the results on Tuesday evening. We were very impressed with how quick it was

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 Weíre going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I posted one last Tuesday, result was Saturday morning. Have just been for a drive through test yesterday, expecting results today/tomorrow.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We received our result 36 hrs after we posted it, by text .
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

My experience not so good. No home kits were available and drive through options varied from being 50 to 70 miles away.

I finally managed to order a home kit but have had two orders misdelivered since Sunday. One set vanished completely, but fortunately a neighbour left the replacement on our step. We were told not to do it on a Sunday or bank holiday so yesterday would have been the first day we could have done it anyway. We will do it today and see what happens, I am not even sure we are within the right time frame it has taken that long to organise.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

There was an article in the news the other day about people in the south being told their only option for a quick test was to travel to Bradford, when in reality most of the testing centres in the south are empty. As a cynical northerner I canít help but wonder if this is another attempt to push our numbers up!

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List