Notices

Old 15 Oct 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Bit of a shocker- my mum has Covid!

Just had a call from my mother (76).

She came down with a cold last Wednesday and a cough. However, this is not unusual she gets cold and always a bad cough maybe 2-3 times a year.

Anyway she rang doctors and the Dr sent her for a Covid test Tuesday (unbeknown to me). Neither the doctor or she thought sheíd had it.

My dad apparently has had a bit of an off feeling since Saturday and a slight cough. I saw him Friday night.

Anyway my mother rang me just now- Covid positive! She got a message on her phone and is rather shocked.

Itís now 9- 10 days since she first started feeling a bit ill.

Sheís fine now- no issues apart from a bit of a cough.

Sheís had much worse colds- sheís sceptical she has Covid but I say unless itís a false positive she must have.

Funny as Monday I was aching and not feeling great but I only felt iffy for a day. Whether I could have got it from my dad on Friday - who knows?

My Dadís going to try and get a test tomorrow but suspect it will be positive.

They were over in Brid last week, suspect thatís where they got it.

No track and trace for them so far.

Someone else we know who has got it and sheís been called every day, but never asked who she came into contact with apparently. Looks like thatís been abandoned.

So donít fear Covid too much- I know the unlucky few can have a bad reaction and my parents are pretty fit 76 year olds but my mother has literally had mild cold type symptoms and my dad (who has low level diabetes) seems to have felt mildly off it for a few days. Iíve said to mum to keep an eye on him as itís only 6 days since he got his first mild symptom.

Fingerís crossed!

Edited at 10:50 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Good luck for all your Family. Fingers crossed itís nothing too bad. It at least it sounds like Mum may already have shaken it off.
Best wishes and keep up the positive posts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Good luck to your mum. Hope sheís on the mend soon and it stays mild.👍🏻
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just had a call from my mother (76).

She came down with a cold last Wednesday and a cough. However, this is not unusual she gets cold and always a bad cough maybe 2-3 times a year.

Anyway she rang doctors and the Dr sent her for a Covid test last Tuesday (unbeknown to me). Neither the doctor or she thought sheíd had it.

My dad apparently has had a bit of an off feeling since Saturday and a slight cough. I saw him Friday night.

Anyway my mother rang me just now- Covid positive! She got a message on her phone and is rather shocked.

Itís now 8 days since she first started feeling a bit ill.

Sheís fine now- no issues apart from a bit of a cough.

Sheís had much worse colds- sheís sceptical she has Covid but I say unless itís a false positive she must have.

Funny as Monday I was aching and not feeling great but I only felt iffy for a day. Whether I could have got it from my dad on Friday - who knows?

My Dadís going to try and get a test tomorrow but suspect it will be positive.

They were over in Brid last week, suspect thatís where they got it.

No track and trace for them so far.

Someone else we know who has got it and sheís been called every day, but never asked who she came into contact with apparently. Looks like thatís been abandoned.

So donít fear Covid too much- I know the unlucky few can have a bad reaction and my parents are pretty fit 76 year olds but my mother has literally had mild cold type symptoms and my dad (who has low level diabetes) seems to have felt mildly off it for a few days. Iíve said to mum to keep an eye on him as itís only 6 days since he got his first mild symptom.

Fingerís crossed!
Hope they are both ok YT 😍🤞
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hope they're both ok.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck to your family YT 🤞🤗
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Thanks Iím not worried as my mother seems to have got better (just cough left no problem breathing or tight chest) and my Dad has hardly registered anything wrong with him, so fingerís crossed it will stay that way.
It just makes me think- how many really have it, it must be huge.
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hope they are both ok
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Sorry to hear about this ... must have been a shock !
Still looks like your mum is out the other side of it and hopefully it won't effect your dad badly either.
Not posting much these days but wanted to give you all my very best wishes and to let you know that I appreciate your positive posts on here !
Take care x
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Sorry to hear about this ... must have been a shock !
Still looks like your mum is out the other side of it and hopefully it won't effect your dad badly either.
Not posting much these days but wanted to give you all my very best wishes and to let you know that I appreciate your positive posts on here !
Take care x
I thought she was joking at first particularly as she started laughing as she canít believe it herself!
Thanks for the kind words everyone, but (I hope) thereís nothing to worry about.