Old 18 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dentists

Anyone know what is the latest situation now with dentists, I am assuming it is just as it was at the beginning of lockdown

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
No itís isnít, I go private through denplan and I have 4 appointment after a tooth snapped. Root canal and crown, still will cost a fortune but I can get it done. I have seen on here nhs dentist are different though.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We have to do online check in if possible. Need to wait outside until called in with mask on. Check up similar but hygienist had full protective clothing on for clean and polish. They have a special extractor fan thing they have to switch on 10mins before next person as the room has to be cleaned.
We are charged a £15 Covid PPE fee.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

From my experience it depends on the practise. My sister had a check up a few days before lockdown and had her six monthly check up late August so she hasnít missed any. I had my last check up September 2019, was due my six monthly check up the day after lockdown. For my family of four I have paid almost £500 and only husband and son with a heart condition have had a check up with no hygienist visits. My younger son and myself havenít been seen for over a year. Iíve cancelled the direct debits as I was getting no where with complaints to the practise regarding reducing or putting monthly fee on hold. Iím disgusted with our practise and will be finding another eventually, just hope in the meantime we donít need a dentist. This is a dentist who uses Denplan and another poster has said they have been seen so just goes to show it is the practise.

Edited at 08:21 PM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Being a bit Goofy

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
This is the latest update on my dentists website - "The Scottish Government restrictions mean that although a very limited category of routine treatment is available, the vast majority of treatment options are not yet able to be provided on the NHS. In addition, due to the strict distancing requirements, we are only allowed to operate at a fraction of our normal capacity to ensure the safety of our patients and team members.Unfortunately, these Government restrictions mean that the majority of treatment that was in progress when we were told to close in March is not yet possible."

Our check ups in April were postponed to the start of October and then to April 2021 ! You can still contact them for emergancy treatment if they deem it urgent. The strange thing is that my kids are now getting Ortodontic treatment on the NHS.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Iím on Denplan and was telephoned some time ago (August I think) and was booked in for my check up 1st October, all done and fine. Had my hygienist appt a week later and the only difference was that they are not allowed to scale and polish at the moment, but she was able to clean my teeth manually.
DH is with an NHS dentist and he was seen last week for check up.

They seem to be getting back to seeing patients regularly now around here

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye - Miss Piggy

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
This is the latest update on my dentists website - "The Scottish Government restrictions mean that although a very limited category of routine treatment is available, the vast majority of treatment options are not yet able to be provided on the NHS. In addition, due to the strict distancing requirements, we are only allowed to operate at a fraction of our normal capacity to ensure the safety of our patients and team members.Unfortunately, these Government restrictions mean that the majority of treatment that was in progress when we were told to close in March is not yet possible."

Our check ups in April were postponed to the start of October and then to April 2021 ! You can still contact them for emergancy treatment if they deem it urgent. The strange thing is that my kids are now getting Ortodontic treatment on the NHS.
We are nhs Scotland so need to ride it out bit longer going by above , filling came out just at lockdown 😢

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We have now had 2 check up appointments cancelled by our dentist as they are only doing emergency treatments. They said they would call and book us in when they are able to carry out routine check ups again. On a different note my DS has seen the Orthodontist though.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We moved just over 18 months ago, spent about 6 months trying to find an nhs dentist, 6 months on a waiting list for a new practice that was opening, 6 months to wait for an appointment - delayed due to covid. Finally both got appointments, mine got cancelled 6 days before the appointment (told due to covid not able to take new patients yet) but DH's appointment is supposed to be going ahead on the 20th - fingers crossed it does, at least one of us will be sorted then - he needs a filling so his needs are greater than mine.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband has been waiting for a filling which he had an appointment for in April, he has rang dentist a few times to be told he will have to wait unless it gets bad enough to be classed as an emergency.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List