Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Oct 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Quilts!

So, one of our DDs has got allergies so we can’t continue to use down duvets in her room as we have done.

However, I’m not sure which would be the best to go for? We had some awful ones when we camped - the only way I can describe it is that filling all collected in certain places leaving cold spots! We don’t want that!

Any advice or recommendations? I think at the age of 43 I should already know this stuff - especially as I have four offspring to keep alive!

Thank you!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
So, one of our DDs has got allergies so we can’t continue to use down duvets in her room as we have done.

However, I’m not sure which would be the best to go for? We had some awful ones when we camped - the only way I can describe it is that filling all collected in certain places leaving cold spots! We don’t want that!

Any advice or recommendations? I think at the age of 43 I should already know this stuff - especially as I have four offspring to keep alive!

Thank you!
Slumberdown and silentnight both do very decent anti allergy hollowfibre filled duvets at reasonable prices. (Also have a daughter who is allergic)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Slumberdown and silentnight both do very decent anti allergy hollowfibre filled duvets at reasonable prices. (Also have a daughter who is allergic)
Thank you! I assume hollowfibre aren’t the ones that “gather” in lumps? x
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We stayed in a cottage last month and their duvet was lovely, felt light like feathers but it was a 'just like down' one. I loved it so much I have just ordered a Silent Nights 'Just like down' one, its was £22.49 for a superking size. Make sure its stitched in pockets and not lines then the filling cant all gather at one end.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We have found any of the John Lewis and M&S ones are good. The dearer ones come with stiff type covers so feel like a down one. I think they are called Hollowfill, washable, spiral fill, various names! All of ours are channelled types but my dd loves the ultra cheap and tacky one we got from Home Bargains as a spare when we were dressing the house to move. It does look great, very puffy, however not sure how long it will last as we only use it a couple of nights a month when she visits not full time! We also change ours every couple of years as it costs as much to have doubles and kingsizes washed as it does to replace them!
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you don't have a wool allergy then a Baavet is the best you can get. Really lightweight and warm and unlike a synthetic one it breathes so you don't get all sweaty under it (fab for ladies of 'a certain age', too )
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have never had any problems with any of ours from M&S.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have a Devon Wool one and a Silk one - both are great for my asthma and cozy/cool too
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

My son has had an M&S duvet on his bed for so many years I cant remember. He had night time enuresis too, so it was probably washed on average at least twice a week. It's still perfect.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have this one. It should come with a warning as you really don’t want to leave bed with it on 🤣

Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List