Old 9 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Just looked and the 21 day tickets would be 160 quid extra. Not sure how worth it for just a couple of extra days?
As Claudette says it’s down to personal choice. We have been for 15 and 16 nights in the past and managed with 14 day tickets. For the 16 night stay we did Universal first so it wasn’t an issue but for me I couldn’t be at Disney for 17 nights with 14 day tickets. If you think you’ll be happy leaving it a day or so before you hit the parks it’s not an issue. Lots of people don’t do a park on their last day. We only do it if the flight is late enough (it’s normally around 6ish). We do whichever park has EMH or we book a pre park opening breakfast and get up and out early.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I think it’s really hard to know having never been how we are going to feel. I’ve seen lots of people say about taking it easy with small kids which is what made me think about adding extra days for down time
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We were thinking of having a couple of days doing nothing as a bit worried it may be a lot for the kids
I say I would book 21 day tickets, but in September I was there for 18 nights and didn't have tickets for the first four days. Mind you this was because I tagged four nights on up front at the last minute and had already bought 14 day tickets connected to the second stay which was for 14 nights.

The first day I arrived late and didn't do anything, for the next few days I was happy enough to resort hop and go to Disney Springs. I am a 49 year old adult though, maybe the children would be dying to get to a park, I suppose you could do resort based character meals on the days you don't have tickets for a bit of Disney magic.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Do the 17 days include arrival and departure day? I think they do in which case 14 day tickets would be enough. You’re right in that on arrival day the kids may well be too exhausted after travelling and will not be wanting a late night due to time difference so a wander around the resort, maybe a swim if it’s not really late and something to eat would probably be enough. Departure day you could spend in the resort pool or at Disney springs depending on what time you need to leave again for the airport. That would just leave one day in the middle somewhere to not go to a park which you could easily fill with a pool/Disney springs/ visit somewhere outside of Disney if you have a car.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

It’s 17 nights but actually 18 days total so I guess it would mean last two days or first two with no Disney.
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

It’s 17 nights but actually 18 days total so I guess it would mean last two days or first two with no Disney.
Hmm, that’s slightly more tricky then, I guess it depends on what your children like. I think I’d have to miss the first day rather than at the end. Easy enough to explain that you aren’t going to the park on the last day as you are going home but the day before that they will definitely know what they are missing! At the beginning they won’t have seen the parks yet so you might stand a better chance depending on how you present the holiday to them. For 18 days it’s tempting to go for the longer tickets though!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
How does the whole 15 day ticket work if you break in the middle?

We arrive 10th sept for 17 nights so if we started park on 11th breaked in the middle would it expire 26th?

Thanks
If you start the tickets on the 11th then they will expire 14 days after this date - on the 25th. That covers a total of 15 days. The 11th to the 26th would be a 16 day period.

You can use the tickets on any 14 days in a 15 day period. The period cannot be extended beyond 15 days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

When my children were that age they loved the pool just as much as the parks. I would just have a chillout pool day & maybe disney springs at the start and same again at the end of the holiday. I would use the extra money to buy a treat or two
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You could always do something like gatorland or an airboat ride.
How does SeaWorld compare for a single cay tickets va a 21 day Disney ticket?

Lots of families are happy just to ease in gently by a trip to Walmart and a day by the pool. What about a visit to Disney springs, you could take a ride in the balloon or try out the void if suitable.
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Oh gosh, personally I wouldn't bother upgrading to 21 day tickets... but we're all different! I would have a shopping day, a day at Disney Springs, a day touring the resorts on the monorail, a trip on an airboat, a trip to Kennedy, visit Gatorland... or perhaps just a day chilling by the pool. Lots of other places to explore x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List