Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Keep Checking BA Flights even after you have booked

I booked Ba from LHR to Miami Connect flight up to Orlando arriving at 21:16
Group S Car with Budget and Flight home from New York

I then went onto check something and found that the LGW direct morning flight had reduced in cost a lot so i got on the phone and after changing to Direct flight in Morning @1035 direct to Orlando and changing to Avis Group S car ( i much prefer Avis over Budget) My price actually were lower.

So keep checking, what you thought might be not worth paying extra for at time of booking may well get reduced in price at some point.

Obviously you need one of these book with confidence vouchers / tickets from BA to change with fees waived.
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I booked Ba from LHR to Miami Connect flight up to Orlando arriving at 21:16
Group S Car with Budget and Flight home from New York

I then went onto check something and found that the LGW direct morning flight had reduced in cost a lot so i got on the phone and after changing to Direct flight in Morning @1035 direct to Orlando and changing to Avis Group S car ( i much prefer Avis over Budget) My price actually were lower.

So keep checking, what you thought might be not worth paying extra for at time of booking may well get reduced in price at some point.

Obviously you need one of these book with confidence vouchers / tickets from BA to change with fees waived.
I was told by BA today that you can only get the difference in price issued in vouchers ?
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I really wouldn’t bother as life’s too short. You booked at a price you were happy to pay but you will now spend copious amounts of time trying to drive the price down further.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Golly, not a bad result, esp when I think you were originally booked via Philly ?! And a cheaper price too. Well done.

Going to keep looking or leave it there ? See if you can wrangle the return flight down now - there are Def some bargains out there to be had but you have to be inf the right place at the right time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I really wouldn’t bother as life’s too short. You booked at a price you were happy to pay but you will now spend copious amounts of time trying to drive the price down further.
They’ve saved money and are now flying direct. Definitely worth a quick 2 minutes search every day in my opinion.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Be interested to know if difference in price was refunded in vouchers ?
Old 24 Sep 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Be interested to know if difference in price was refunded in vouchers ?
I would too if they had already paid it all off, I think if you have only paid deposit though it just comes off the owed balance, that's what happened to me last time anyway
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I did this a few weeks back as noticed the price had dropped a lot since I booked for next July they ended up transferring my deposit to a new booking so ended up with connecting flights from Inverness and a bigger car for cheaper than my original flydrive from Gatwick so win win for us. Worth a phone call
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List